• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bring back Adobe Sketch/Draw

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This new app is too complicated. The brushes are not the same. Many people have been relying on the old app for business/ university purposes - also half way through project which countless hours of effort has been put in to with no way of continuing because the brushes aren't the same.

Not giving a warning as you open the app, and not transferring everything that was there over the new app has ruined any chance of users of the old app enjoying and embracing your new product.

Just revive the old app. Please.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Hi @Kaitlyn227464430l2w

Sorry to hear about your experience.

If your files didn't migrate to Fresco, you may try to locate your files on this website https://adobe.ly/3eoSI3p. If you can locate them, I would suggest you check out this video (https://bit.ly/3qfAz0Q). In this video, there are four methods to save your artwork, the first method will not work now, but you may try the rest three methods. I hope it helps!

If you are still unable to locate/ recover your files and Sketch & Draw

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree Fresco is way more complicated, part of the reason for that is many users keep asking for all the features of other apps to be added to Fresco. It used to be a much better app and had a totally different audience it was originally targeted towards.

There has been plenty of warning that Sketch/Draw were to be discontinued, and each time you opened the apps they had a link into Fresco. My thoughts are that people saw how different it was to the app of their choice so did not switch in a timely manner. If your images have not all transferred across I would suggest you contact the Development team directly through the app under App Settings > Help > Report a Bug.

The majority of people helping out on this forum are users ourselves, we don't work for Adobe and have no control over what they do with the apps they bring out or if they keep them running.

With regards to the brushes head on over to the Fresco UserVoice pages (also available through the Help section under Suggest a Feature) and add comments to the many others who want Fresco to replicate their Sketch/Draw experience with identical brushes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kaitlyn227464430l2w

Sorry to hear about your experience.

If your files didn't migrate to Fresco, you may try to locate your files on this website https://adobe.ly/3eoSI3p. If you can locate them, I would suggest you check out this video (https://bit.ly/3qfAz0Q). In this video, there are four methods to save your artwork, the first method will not work now, but you may try the rest three methods. I hope it helps!

If you are still unable to locate/ recover your files and Sketch & Draw is installed on your device, then send me a DM. To send a DM, click my picture and use the message button.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree!  Bring back  Adobe Sketch and Adobe Draw.  These programs were both simple but powerful and great useful tools and creativity jump starters for my students. I have been teaching art since 2004.  I loved usinf and teaching Adobe Draw and Sketch.  They amasre also simplified and a alternative to Photoshop and Illustrator for some of my students in special Ed and  who needed simplified programs.  My son who is six was also very excited to come home and spend time using Adobe Draw instead of doing other less creative activities.   I thought it was great to see Adobe creating a future of artist using their products and I don't see that anymore without these programs.  Both of them were very useful in there different ways and it was a shame to see both of those programs gone now.  Bring them back! Students loved them! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specially for android users!! Why the hell would you drop support for a useful app without any substitute??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeahh!! Put back Adobe Draw in the store

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this totally sucks, I loved the old version, Fresco is too complicated and yes the brushes are not the same. Why not just have a older level etc. this has destroyed my creativity!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it is as simple as just turning the switch back to on with those apps. You have to bring manpower to those apps, so they can keep them compliant with whatever needs the OS has with those apps.  I was never a fan of Sketch or Draw, and prefer Fresco, but it's not a simple solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, I have been using Adobe Sketch since 2018 and have three brushes that I use, the thick acrylic brush (which Fresco doesn't have), the soft pastel brush and the ink brush (which look wildly different on Fresco). Please bring back the app-- I have been on Fresco for weeks trying my best to find and customize my brushes so that they may look remotely like the brushes I have built my work around, but I just don't see a possibility. Keeping the app would be the best option but if not, at least bring all the Sketch brushes to Fresco as they are. Screenshot 2022-12-20 at 2.38.24 PM.pngScreenshot 2022-12-20 at 2.38.33 PM.pngScreenshot 2022-12-20 at 2.38.45 PM.pngScreenshot 2022-12-20 at 2.38.51 PM.pngScreenshot 2022-12-20 at 2.38.55 PM.pngScreenshot 2022-12-20 at 2.38.39 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not even use the new app its way way user unfriendly and in my opinion is way worse than sketch. I loved sketch and have tons of art from it. Could be bothered migrating it because the other programs are shite. Even procreate isn't nearly as good as sketch was. It's so annoying when they have an amazing product and they just bin it regardless of customer desire. I'd be happy to pay for sketch even but I'm not paying for the crap they replaced it with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree. Please bring back Adobe Sketch and Photomix.

My files from sketch cannot be opened in Fresco - it says file size too large. Why would the newer replacement softer not be able to handle the file size of its predecessor? 

Fresco IS too complicated. More bells and whistles do not add. Simple is better.

I loved the double click for turning layers on and off.

I used Sketch and Photomix to design all of my scarves which I sell direct and wholesale, I had a great income. 

Adobe please bring back Sketch and Photomix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines