• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush names in Fresco are truncated and impossible to identify

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been playing with Fresco since it's inception and I am still having a problem finding the brushes that I am looking for.   I am surprised that not more users find it an issue so maybe I am missing something and hopefully you can set me straight.

Names of brushes in Fresco appear in a drop down menu and the names are usually so long that only the beginnig part of the name is visible and the rest is indicate by a series of dots.  So if I am looking for a specific brush, say "Kyle's drawing box-Oil Paint Pastel Soft Fine Grain" I will only see the beginning part of the name in a long list of brushes that start exactly the same way. The important part of the name, which defines the function of the brush is indicated with dots. So there is no way of identifying the specific brush that you are looking for.  

It is hard enough having to plow through the zillion (and wonderful) brushes.  Spending so much time to find the brush you are looking makes for frustration. I tried renaming the brushes in photoshop but that didn't work.  

Please help if you know a way around this annoying problem. It would make learning and working with Fresco so much more fun.   Right now I have to try and remember "Kyle's real water color 80 Rough" is 45th from the list of 100 water colour brushes.  I also know that to get decent at this software you have to be familiar with the brushes so it makes sense to simplify it and enhance the experience,  

I am using an iPad pro so I am not sure if the interface is different for users on other environments such as Windows machines, etc.   

TOPICS
How-to , Pixel Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

On Windows 10 you get to see the whole name, some of the names take up three lines. On the iPad there are definitely ... if the name goes beyond two lines.

Rather than changing the names in Photoshop, have you tried changing them in your Creative Cloud?

You can access the files through the Files and Your Libraries link. Do a test on one to make sure renaming doesn't prevent it from working at all before doing too many though.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows 10 you get to see the whole name, some of the names take up three lines. On the iPad there are definitely ... if the name goes beyond two lines.

Rather than changing the names in Photoshop, have you tried changing them in your Creative Cloud?

You can access the files through the Files and Your Libraries link. Do a test on one to make sure renaming doesn't prevent it from working at all before doing too many though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Sjani.  It works.  I just need to explore the library a bit more and try and organize the brushes there.  I may have more questions about the Library files and how to best organize it.  I am very grateful for your help.  This problem has plagued me for so long.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having a similar issue and wish there was a way to widen the tool menu or see the brush name in full SOMEWHERE. Thanks for posting this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines