• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

brush / smudge tools causes the file to stop responding

New Here ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 11 - all updated graphics files and already disabled geforce overlay.

When using brushes and smudge tool in an 8.5 x 11, 300 dpi file, the tools will randomly stop responding, showing the brush tip staying in one spot. Sometimes "loading" will appear in the center of the screen, but sometimes not. I am still able to close the program and it will save the file, however, when I open the file again, if I tried to draw any lines after the screen freeze, they show up. 

I've tried walking away and coming back later to see if it woudd resume on its own, but it never does.

I have the new MSI creator z17 laptop, with plenty of ram and a good graphics card, so I'm unsure why this would be occuring other than it trying to save to the cloud while I'm working or something of that nature. It gets so bad that this occurs 10+ times within 30 min and I can't complete projects this way. 

I've already scoured the internet for an answer, but am unable to find one. 

TOPICS
Device , Live brushes , Performance , Pixel Brushes , Syncing & Storage , Tools , Vector Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing that comes to mind is your internet speed, is this an issue at all with anything else you do? If the issue is in fact related to sending stuff to the cloud then it does sound internet related.

Have you tried working on a file in Offline Mode? Does the problem still occur?

If so I'd go down the path of reporting a bug, which you can do through the app via App settings > Help > Report a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's not my internet speed. It turned out hybrid graphics was the issue for me, personally. I assigned a specific GPU to the program and it has worked fine since.

I appreciate your help, though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @kalailyliani if I may ask - how did you asign a discreet GPU to Fresco? In Photoshop one can do that in preferences, but I don't see that kind of function in Fresco. I am also having the situation where a brush just stops laying down colour and nothing works when I click it. I have to close the app and restart! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did funny enough notice that if I did not change my power plan to "high performance" when asked to when I open a file, then the freezing stops. Do you know why the app has to function within high performance mode? Is it related to CPU performance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How big of a brush was you using? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines