• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can not create a new document in Fresco (Win 10).

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently installed Adobe Creative Cloud on Win 10. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Bridge, Dimension all work fine. But whe I try to create a new document in Fresco, it looks like this indefinetly.

Florian25089573uscn_0-1657182986528.png

The text reads "Creating new document ..."

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked for updates to the apps? This might help if there has been an update since you installed the Creative Cloud. I'd also check the system requirements just to make sure everything is good there as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fresco is a brand new installation. Creative Cloud is brand new. All apps are updated. Can't be newer. Grafic card is updated. Windows is updated. There are no warnings about any update. Tried to uninstall and reinstall. No improvement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check the system to see if you have Direct X 12.1 installed. This seems to also be one of the issues others have had.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows tells me I have DirectX 12. I can not find any way to upgrade to 12.1 or to find out if I indeed have a higher version but Windows does not tell. Windows is updated and there is no DirectX update among voluntary updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Florian25089573uscn,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I hope the problem is resolved by now. If not, kindly try updating the GPU drivers by following the steps shared in this article (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/multi/update-graphics-driver.html) and checking if it helps.

Also, try running Fresco under a different administrator account and share your observations.

Note: DirectX 12.1 has to be supported in hardware and cannot be updated simply by installing newer software/driver/OS.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anubhav

Thank you for your response. However, things did not improve. After updating the Nvidia RTX 3070 driver, restarting teh computer and reinstalling Fresco it now CRASHES when I try do open a new document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anubhav

I am using an administrator account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Florian25089573uscn,

Thanks for confirming that. Could you also try this under a different administrator account and let us know how it goes?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines