• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CAN’t import .psd or .psdc files into fresco

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It used to work with sketch but I can't open any psd or psd.c files in fresco. I saved them as .psd in photoshop and have them on my iCloud Drive but they are grey and can't be opened. I'm Dying to use this program but can't get past this step

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

I've been able to import psd files from the creative cloud without any problem. When using Files though, psd files did not show up at all, strange. So I saved psd files to the creative cloud and didn't have any problem. Hope this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been able to import psd files from the creative cloud without any problem. When using Files though, psd files did not show up at all, strange. So I saved psd files to the creative cloud and didn't have any problem. Hope this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My daughter had a similar problem today. It's unlikely her issue was the same as yours but I'm posting it in case it helps. She thought she'd downloaded psd's from the Adobe coloring book (https://create.adobe.com/2020/04/06/coloring_book_alphabet.html) but had downloaded pdf instead, which wouldn't import. Once she downloaded the psd, that worked. I wonder if it's possible the file extension in iCloud is different than you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joanne,

I am asking you a couple of questions just so that I understand the problem correctly.

While importing a psd file into Fresco you are doing it by tapping on the Import and open button and then tapping on photoshop file(.psd) button?

Also can you tell which iPad you are using and the version of iOS installed on the device?

Regarding the .psdc file: this is the cloud version of any psd file that can be seen in the Cloud documents section in Photoshop(you can create a psdc file of any existing psd file in the latest Photoshop application by tapping on File > Save as > Save as cloud document after opening it). Once it has synced, you will be able to see the same in the Cloud documentsection in Fresco as well and continue working on it.

Let me know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So even though Fresco gives you the option to import from iCloud or Google Drive...you cannot upload a .psd from those services. Once again (my constant complaint about Adobe products for ipad) we MUST use Adobe Cloud exclusively?!?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue here. Any solution yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. 

You should be able to import .psds from other storage services. If you're using Fresco on an iPad make sure that the apps for those services are listed in the iOS Files share sheet. 

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines