• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't switch tools, program freezes. Desperate for a fix!

Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been experiencing significant issues with tool switching, primarily with vector brushes in Fresco Files.

Here's a video to show what happens: https://youtu.be/aA_PZ5P4S1s

I'll be drawing with a vector brush and need to erase something, and I can't tap the erase button, a new layer, a new tool, or anything. It's like the only thing I can do is draw and everything else in the program is frozen. When I exit the program and come back, everything is fixed! I can erase, open a new layer, import a picture, etc. For a few seconds to a minute or until I draw again ,then everything freezes again and have to switch to another app again. Sometimes it doesn't fix when I program switch, and I have to close the Adobe Fresco app entirely for it to reset. 

Specs: 

• iPad Pro 12.9, 4th gen
  • iOS 16.3.1 (has happened on previous versions as well)
  • Fresco 4.4.2 (has happened on previous versions as well)

Notes and comments:

• Yes, I've restarted my iPad multiple times.
  • Yes, I've signed in and out of Adobe multiple times. 
  • This happens on complex files with many layers, and it happens on simple files I just created
  • It occurs with all files types: vector only, vector and image, and vector/pixel/image. Every file I create and work on has this issue.
  • It happens if Fresco is the only program open or if there are other things running
  • It happens despite having a TON of available storage. 
  • It happens when I first open the program and when I've been working for a while
  • It happens every few seconds to every few minutes
  • My pencil is charged and the tip is screwed in all the way. 

I am a live event illustrator, and having to swipe up to switch programs or close the program entirely completely ruins the experience of my clients. I would have switched software by now, but this is the only good vector drawing app out there, so I'm stuck. 

I am DESPERATE for advice or a fix. Happy to make more videos- it's so common it will happen any time I record. 

TOPICS
Performance , Tools , Vector Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if I can help much (an Adobe employee might be better suited) but one course of action would be to close all apps, reset the CC app (ALT+CTRL+R on a PC OPT+CMD+R on a Mac)
and wait a couple of minutes.

Once done, go over the cloud icon on the top right of the window and check if everything is synced, check also your files are there.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install-discussions/reset-the-creative-cloud-desktop-app-to-...

Once done, start Fresco again, and see if that helped.

If it persists, you might want to contact Adobe customer service via the webchat)

Imaginerie_0-1681986724978.png

on any adobe page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @emilymills,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind checking if all of your work is synced online (https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents)? If yes, kindly try deleting the app, restarting your iPad, and then reinstalling Fresco to check if it helps.

If not, kindly share a sample file you're having trouble with (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html#:~:text=Share%20links%20to%20a%20cloud%20docu...) so that we can check it on our end.
Note: While creating the link, kindly change the Link Access to Public and turn ON the option for Save a Copy.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean reinstall Fresco? (not illustrator?)  I can share a file, but it happens on literally every single file, so I highly doubt this is a file issue. It happens on complex files and newly created ones. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done these steps and it fixed nothing. The vector brush freezing problem persists. It happens with every single file. My work is NDA protected and I cannot share files publicly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @emilymills,

We're sorry for the trouble. It looks like we need to troubleshoot this on a live session. Please head here (https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen) and select the chat button in the lower-right corner of the page. We can help troubleshoot faster that way.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines