• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can water create a boundary for paint washes?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In real watercolor work, if you paint an area with plain water and then add a little paint, the paint will only spread to the boundary of the original wet area.  It won't bleed onto the dry area.  Is this possible in Fresco without using a mask?  Also, is it possible to see an area where you have painted only plain water?  On real paper it is shiny, but I cannot see anything at all on the Fresco paper.  (These may be feature requests, or I may misunderstand how Fresco works.)

TOPICS
Live brushes , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Hi Brian, I believe that's how Fresco already works, only bleeding into the wet area.
Using the selection tool helps to prevent water going where you don't want it to.

I like your idea about being able to see where you've painted plain water though, this would really be helpful.
I tried using a mask on a plain water layer, but it didn't show anything. So I think your second point is definitely a good idea for a feature request.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian, I believe that's how Fresco already works, only bleeding into the wet area.
Using the selection tool helps to prevent water going where you don't want it to.

I like your idea about being able to see where you've painted plain water though, this would really be helpful.
I tried using a mask on a plain water layer, but it didn't show anything. So I think your second point is definitely a good idea for a feature request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah!  Many thanks for the information.  I'll give it a try and see what happens.  Using the Selection tool will make a big difference in controlling where the invisible "water" goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines