• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canvas textures for watercolor

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I was wondering if there was a setting to give watercolors a canvas texture.  I love using the watercolors but they still look fake because there's no canvas texture.  The Oil brushes have a texture, but not the watercolors.  Is there a setting that I'm missing?

TOPICS
Canvas settings , Live brushes , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brent. 

There aren't any paper textures yet for watercolor but we know people want them and we're working on them. 

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Paper texture options would be nice, although I've found the live watercolour brushes to be the most realistic available in a digital app. Way more convincing and efficient than all other apps I've tried, and at times better than actual watercolours.

I've found the spatter brush to work very well in moving the watercolours around to mimic a texture effect and create interesting blends. One method is to reduce the opacity of a wet brush to nearly zero, and apply that brush over previously painted sections.

Please let me know if you come up with some other methods.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines