• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing your watercolor colors

Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, if I am painting with watercolors (or oils), and I want to see and experiment how different color combinations would look like, how do I do that. Can I change the colors used in each of the layers? Or once I use a color, I am stuck with it? 

TOPICS
Color , Live brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019
Hi Makomeh. You can, also in Fresco, dry the layer and use Paint Inside. In Fresco it's called Lock Transparency and can be found in the Layer Actions menu; just tap the ellipsis icon (...) after you've drawn something on the layer and you'll see it. Let me know if I've misunderstood.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this isn't exactly what you're looking for but, you can try to creat a layer at the top of the one you want to change colors, than fill it with the color you want to test and try to change it's blend mode. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for responding. But I am not sure I understand. I believe that would change the whole surface and the changing the blend mode would bring up different colors, not the one I choose? What I mean is, say I do a watercolor splash in red, how can I easily change the color of it drops and all? This is extremely easy in Sketch so surely there must be a way of doing it in Fresco? Otherwise I am bummed frankly....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mean like going to edit>hue/saturation in photoshop or Procreate, I can’t find anything like that in the app either. Absolutely dead in the water for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you describe the exact steps you take in Adobe Sketch, to be sure we understand the workflow you are trying to emulate in Fresco?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, say I paint a sun in yellow watercolor, dry the watercolor, then choose ‘paint inside’ (a slide button in the menu). Then with the watercolor brush (any brush really) I can pick another shade of yellow and incorporate to parts of the sun without going over any color lines and keeping the exact shape a water flow as before. Or I can choose green and turn the whole sun to green just by applying the brush roughly to the whole surface

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Makomeh. You can, also in Fresco, dry the layer and use Paint Inside. In Fresco it's called Lock Transparency and can be found in the Layer Actions menu; just tap the ellipsis icon (...) after you've drawn something on the layer and you'll see it. Let me know if I've misunderstood.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Great! Got it, thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines