• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Circle tool distorted

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello dear community, I have the problem that the circle tool is distorted and can now only display distorted ovals. I am also uploading a screenshot of this. How can I fix this?
Thanks a lot in advance!

TOPICS
How-to , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Hello @Luca25002042uey8 

Few questions I have, does it happen for all documents you create in Fresco or with some specific ones?

To reset it to perfect circle there are 2 options:

1. Resize in each direction and it will snap on specific points. It will restore the circle

2. On document resize from document settings we reset the the drawing aids. Can you try that and see if it fixes the issue?

Also, can you share what document size you were working on and any pre steps which caused this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's in Adobe Fresco btw 😉

Any help is really much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a perspective grid active? Please show your entire screen so that we can see the full context.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the hint, I never used the perspective grid yet, so I had to check what it was and if I accidentally activaded it, but nö, it was off. I switched it on to test it and the shape of the circle tool changed but when I switched it off again, the shape was still distorted.

I upload a shot of the entire screen here now, I hope it helps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping @Sjaani  or one of the Adobe team might have an idea here. Does this happen in all documents, or just that one? I can't duplicate the situation of having a circle tool offset like that. I noticed that with perspective active, the circle distorts, but the outline remains straight and you get a secondary icon at the bottom showing the active plane. This is clearly not what you're seeing (as in my screen shot below). 

So does this happen in a new document?

531C61C7-F771-4500-8EED-6BD898436F79.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now also made a screenshot of the tool where the perspective grid is activated. So here too the frame is distorted. No matter which perspective view I select.
New and even old documents are not affected, the tool works normally there.
I thought it was something that could be adjusted and that I had only activated it by mistake. And now it can't be deactivated again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Luca25002042uey8 

Few questions I have, does it happen for all documents you create in Fresco or with some specific ones?

To reset it to perfect circle there are 2 options:

1. Resize in each direction and it will snap on specific points. It will restore the circle

2. On document resize from document settings we reset the the drawing aids. Can you try that and see if it fixes the issue?

Also, can you share what document size you were working on and any pre steps which caused this issue?

Thanks,
Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works!

Setting -> resize -> ok(I didn't change anything) -> cancel

and the circle tool has been reset.

I don't use eng version of Fresco so I'm not sure what buttons really are, but anyway I solved my problem and deeply appreciate you. Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just had this same issue. I had to change the document size for the circle to reset (just hitting cancel did not work).

I could not see any "reset drawing aids" in document settings. 

Also definately couldn't find this (but now I remember it would be if I was using a perspective grid, but I was not). 

SeanAugustHorvath_0-1678254237968.png

It has happened twice now over the past month. Each time while I'm trying to create a perfect circle and for some reason one of the corner grabs decides not to snap even though the first grab did snap. I have yet to figure out how to recreate a lopsided circle. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this a few times, in the forum. Never been able to replicate it and have never seen an answer to the issue. All I can suggest is sending a bug report through the app via App settings > Help > Report a bug. Or hope one of the Adobe admins sees your post and has the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I will report it. Thank you anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for looking at this @Sjaani ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact same problem right now, did you ever find a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Nope, sorry.
I figured that my drawing tablet (Wacom) was just too slow so I got another one (iPad).
Now it’s working fine 🙂

Did you already try all the tips written here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes unfortunately it looks like it’s just stuck that way. I have an iPad
Pro. It’s only doing it in the file I’m working on so I’ll just start over
and hope it doesn’t happen again. Reported it as a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh okay. I keep my fingers crossed for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm surprised it's still happening even in current version. I really wish we new a fix for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't replicate the issue...but I'm using a different OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got PC and iPad, couldn't recreate on either. I think it happened to me once, but I've not been able to redo it to see how to undo it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven’t Had a great experience with the app overall. It’s been very
buggy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines