• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Library Fresco

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to work with Fresco on my iPad and import it later as vectors in Illustrator (desktop) in order change it to CMYK. I thought, that could be possible if I only use vectors, but it seems that it’s a long way: I have to "open a copy" on "Illustrator desktop", then I can at least change it to CMYK and save it. (If anybody knows better, you are welcome!)

BUT.

I have EXTREME problems with the color management.

I created a color library in Illustrator and saved it in the Cloud. So far so good, as I open it directly in the Cloud, the color values (CMYK and RGB) are shown correctly and are the same as in Illustrator.
Then I open it in Fresco on the iPad and the RGB values have changed completely. Not only the numbers, it looks totally different: skin colours are pink, brown is lila ...

If it would "rechange" when I open it back in Illustrator it would be no big problem (even if it’s irritating to have pink people), but it is NOT. Pink is still pink and lila still lila.

(And when I try to open it in Photoshop (just for fun) it crashes. Haha.)

Adobe Color seems no good idea as long as you only can save 5 colors (or did I miss something?)

I need the exact color values for my work.

Anyone here to help me?

Thank you, Nedde

TOPICS
Color , Cross-product , Syncing & Storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a specific tool in Fresco that you need to use?

I'm wondering why you'd use Fresco instead of Illustrator on the iPad since you're opening in Illustrator as part of your workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sjaani, thank you for asking.
Well, I already tried that before, and again yesterday after despairing of the color management in Fresco ... but:

I can’t adjust those brushes in iPad-Illustrator like in the desktop version:

First, the normal brush is rubbish, as it only draws one straight or doted line, that is one thing more I am upset of: Why can’t you draw one LINE (thinner and thicker depending on the pressure) like in the desktop version? So I have to use the blob brush that immediately changes the line into outlines, making it impossible to change it easily afterwards! (The problem exists also in Fresco, but ...)

Second, the blob brush in Illustrator/iPad does not allow me to reduce its size to smaller than 1 pt. The only solution would be to enlarge the canvas tenfold and then draw my picture and then reduce the size again, but this is – again – a step too much.

If those two problems would be all, I maybe could live with them, although I think, I pay too much for Adobe 😕
But also the brushes in Illustrator/iPad do not react fluently. Even if I turn off the smoothing -while- drawing (adjustments), it is way less sensitive as in Fresco! (I bought the most expensive iPad, the reason for that should not be the RAM). So doing quick sketches and cool brushstrokes are impossible.
My work consists of drawing about hundreds of illustrations for textbooks, that have to be similar in their appearance; so the lines have to be of the same thickness and the colors have to follow the color management of the client’s specifications.

So Fresco is really non-optimal, but it allows me to draw like I did before. Like with a normal pen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines