Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Feature Request] Color wheel options in Adobe Fresco

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I feel like the color wheel options in Adobe Fresco need to be expanded based on how many different ways artists have of working with colors.

for example, right now there is no way to go "across" the color wheel because the hue selection is on the outer ring. The selection for hue (color) is on the outer ring where the selection for shade/tone/tint (black, gray, white) is in the center. In my opinion, we would have the option to switch these two. The selection for hue is in the center, and tint, tone and shade are on the outer ring. They way fresco is set up now often confuses me because of the way I learned color theory. I know others maybe learned the way the UX was originally set up, but for the team to keep an open mind that color theory is very complex and people need options as they have learned a million different ways.

Thanks for your time!

see example below

Adobe fresco

7870F164-CBE5-4ECE-866A-BB24FAE5175B.jpeg

 

color wheel alternative 

86DDA94F-7009-4906-9118-27029493B1BF.jpeg

 
[Renamed by Mod]

TOPICS
Color , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe uses basically the same colour wheel across their range of apps, so it's likely they do so for consistency in that regard.

I'd suggest posting your feature request on their Fresco UserVoice page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines