• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[How To] Convert existing pixel strokes to vector in Fresco?

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to convert brush strokes I've already made with a pixel brush into vector brush strokes staying in Fresco? I made some good progress on a project and was deep into it before realizing a pixel brush had been selected and not a vector. I know there's workaround methods involving Illustrator, but just wondering if the change can be made within Fresco. Thanks in advance!

[Renamed by Mod]

TOPICS
Pixel Brushes , Vector Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

If you bring an image in you can Convert to pixel layer.

There doesn't appear to be any options on a pixel layer to convert it to any other layer type though.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you bring an image in you can Convert to pixel layer.

There doesn't appear to be any options on a pixel layer to convert it to any other layer type though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JHaire. 

As Sjaani mentioned, it is not possible to convert pixel strokes to vector strokes in Fresco. Is it possible to "trace" over that layer with brushes on a Vector Layer? I know it's still additional work, but at least you'd be able to see what you'd done. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet. You can create a slection and draw around it....but for now the Vector is not based on fill and Stroke. Adobe Draw will do some thing like it and you can bring it to Fresco. Still you will not see anchore points in draw as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out vectronator its super simple and free.. So far.

I have only used it for one project, and it was hand lettering. 

Saved me the pain of having to trace over it with vector brushes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2023 Dec 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi 👋   I'm not a huge font of knowledge on the program, but I work it around by saving the pixel layer as a transparent PNG file and then importing it back in.

Hope this works for you 😁

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines