• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a stamp layer on iPad Fresco

Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm having trouble creating a stamp function with one of my layers in Adobe Fresco on iPad. I'm still pretty new to all of this and will do my best to explain. I have a vector layer that I want to drop into another layer as a negative space. In other words, I want to use it to stamp out a hole in the other layer. How do I go about this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

You can still use the hat to make the selection, and use it to mask the cup layer, no need to redraw

Take the hint from the first answer I gave, and changing layers between the first screenshot and the second one

Once you're done with the hat selection, the layer can be hidden or deleted

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm having trouble creating a stamp function with one of my layers in Adobe Fresco on iPad. I'm still pretty new to all of this and will do my best to explain. I have a vector layer that I want to drop into another layer as a negative space. In other words, I want to use it to stamp out a hole in the other layer. How do I go about this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I merged your post with the one you've made previously as it was a duplicate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My best bet would be to select the content of the vector layer, and use this selection as a masked area for the other layer:
https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/fresco/using/layer-masks.html

For that you will need to convert your vector layer (or a duplicate of it) to pixel layer and load the content as a selection

Imaginerie_0-1683541924913.png

and then choose "select a mask"

which will automatically load the selection as a white area (see through) in the otherwise black mask (opaque)

Imaginerie_0-1683542039877.png

Hope it helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried this and it doesn't seem to be working. I might be doing something wrong. I uploaded a video to show my process. These layers are both converted to pixel layers from vector. Then I load the top layer as a selection and create a mask. When it's placed over the layer below it, I try both Reveal Layer and Hide Layer and see no difference. I then grab the black and white colors to draw over the layer in an attempt to change the mask and nothing happens. Lastly, I change the opacity and still see no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't really get what you are trying to do. Do you want to place the hat onto the cup as a decor/artwork?
Because the hat seems to be on a transparent layer (the holes are transparent) and since it's black on black, then obviously you can't see anything

you can use a filled layer (pixel) as in a pixel layer filled entirely with white, and mask it with the hat selection. That way you'll have a white hat, on a black cup.

If it's not what you intended to do, forgive me...and please clarify 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm hoping to use the hat shape as artwork on the cup. I didn't think the hat had to be a different color since I'm hoping to simply use it as a negative space. In other words, stamp out the shape onto the coffee cup. I don't want the top hat to be white on the black cup, just a cookie-cutter type stamp. I really appreciate your help with this! Sorry if this isn't clear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case you need to apply the hat mask ONTO the cup layer, not the hat layer

and then hide/delete the hat layer. Then unlink the cup layer from its hat mask to be able to resize it.

Because here you are masking the hat, you don't want to mask the hat, you want to mask the cup with a hat shape...

Does it make sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, understood! I should be doing this all within the cup layer and not two separate layers. I will redraw the hat onto the cup layer. Thank you very much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can still use the hat to make the selection, and use it to mask the cup layer, no need to redraw

Take the hint from the first answer I gave, and changing layers between the first screenshot and the second one

Once you're done with the hat selection, the layer can be hidden or deleted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines