• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Diamond shaped blotches with light pixels in the middle when using the watercolor brushes

Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really love the watercolor brushes but find them hard to use as they randomly deposit unexpected diamond shaped blotches with a few light pixels in the centre. The light pixels are hard to paint over and it is difficult to get an even wash of color as these blotches appear frequently. The snapline feature in settings is turned off and they still appear (someone suggested turning it off as a solution to a similar problem). How can I fix this? I really love the brushes so would really like to be able to use them...

TOPICS
Live brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cross-over flow leaving a darker patch is quite common, if the pen is in the one spot for an extended timeframe.

The diamond shape definitely doesn't look right though.

What device are you using? I wasn't able to reproduce the same effect on either an iPad or Windows10 Desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sjaani @mheah.

Thanks for posting about this.

The diamond-shaped blotches you're seeing when using the watercolor brushes is a bug; the team does know about it and is already working on a fix. 

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sue Garibaldi 

Thanks for the reply! How soon can we expect a fix?

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria. 

I'm unable to get an update because everyone is out for the holidays but I suspect it will be a fairly quick fix since it's pretty disruptive. 

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sue Garibaldi 

That is great! Thank you!

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sue Garibaldi 

Hi, do you when we can expect a fix? It has been nearly a month now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mheah.

It will  be in the next update. Which I expect will be available in a week or so.

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue, and couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. Glad to hear it's just a glitch and that there's a fix coming! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been driving me absolutely crazy trying to do a client job for days! When is this fix happening? This is maddening. All these "splotches" start like little seeds in all watercolor brushes and grow out like diamond shapes. Please help! 

775E9A21-DFD4-4495-ADC1-99A71AF1F710.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Btw. iPad Pro 12.7" Running current 2.1.0

just tried it on my partners iPad Pro and no splotches in 2.0.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Même constat de bug sur iPadPro 10,5' IOS 14.4 Fresco 2.1.0

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fresco 2.2.0 Le bug est corrigé (iPad Pro 10,5' IOS 14.4), merci.

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines