• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Difficulty Importing a .psd file from Creative Cloud.

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Everyone.
I am using an iPad, and attempting to import a 72 MB Photoshop file.
The file shows as available, but will not progress beyond "waiting to download" - hours of the spinning wheel.
Stats:
ios 13.6
Fresco build 1.7.1
I have:
Updated Fresco
Updated iPad
Shut down/restarted Fresco
Turned ipad off /on
renamed file

Not sure what else to do, but my deadline is getting closer by the hour.

Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 8.36.58 AM.png

TOPICS
Import , Syncing & Storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me add that in the time since posting this, I have deleted and re-installed Fresco, and have moved the image from creative cloud, renamed it, and reuploaded to CC.
Still having the same issue - although now, for the first time, I am getting the "Couldn't communicate with a helper application" message. There is nothing else open on my ipad, and as I've said, closing and restarting doesn't do any good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RW.

Not sure what's going on but do you have the Creative Cloud Mobile App on your iPad? If you do, give this a try:

Tap on the Files tab

Then tap the ellipses icon (...) under the PSD thumbnail then tap Download Original File to bring up a sharesheet of options.

From that sharesheet choose Copy to Adobe Fresco. 

Let me know if that works. 

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating CC Mobile right now. Will let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - Updated.
I do not have the "Copy To Fresco" option.
I have:
Quick Export
Download original file
send Link
Add to Library
Identify Fonts
Available Offline

Rename
Duplicate

Move

Delete

I've downloaded, but haven't attempted to "Import From ipad" yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sort of solved, I think.
Saving it on my iPad allowed me to attempt to import it to Fresco, where it failed due to a dimensional issue (Exceeded 8192 pixels). Tried to resize in psd for ipad, but you can't do that yet, I guess.
Resized the original file on my desktop, uploaded to CC, then downloaded to my ipad, imported to Fresco, and it opened.
Not a very simple process, but it may work the normal way now that the file has been resized. I'll investigate later.
Thanks very much for your help, Sue.

Russell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Russell. 

You actually missed a step in that process. From that first menu "Download Original File" would have been your first choice THEN after tapping that, you would have gotten a sharesheet with Copy to Fresco.

But, it's just as well because I don't think it would have worked anyway because it was oversized for Fresco. Although, at that point, you may have gotten the correct alert (one that told you that the size of the document was the problem as opposed to the "helper application" alert you were getting. 

I'll share this problem with the team. Keep in mind that Fresco has that 8192 x 8192px maximum and hopefully that will prevent future headaches.

At any rate, I'm glad you have it now.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines