• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable quick eye dropper?

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost every time my hand touches the screen while sketching in Fresco on iPad Pro with Apple Pencil, the quick eyedropper tool activates and changes my brush color (usually to the background color).  Is there a way to just disable the function?

TOPICS
How-to , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Dunaz/Uchinanchuu

Please post these requests at https://adobefresco.uservoice.com.

I know it's an extra step but when all requests are all in one place the team can prioritize those features that are most important to people. You can also access User Voice from within Fresco:

* From the Home screen tap the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen. 

* Then from the App Settings menu go to Help > Support > Suggest a feature

Thanks for posting about this. 

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue, but for me it is the undo! It must be reading my palm as two fingers? Really annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dunaz/Uchinanchuu

Please post these requests at https://adobefresco.uservoice.com.

I know it's an extra step but when all requests are all in one place the team can prioritize those features that are most important to people. You can also access User Voice from within Fresco:

* From the Home screen tap the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen. 

* Then from the App Settings menu go to Help > Support > Suggest a feature

Thanks for posting about this. 

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with all due respect this is the top down logic of an adobe employee. you arent giving an answr, you are just pointing people in a different direction? Why wouldn't you instead give something supportive and assistive along with your criticism of people talking about this here? follow where the people post!is the point to block people from getting the answer? is it to follow the adobe way of obfuscating and befuddling the users and belittling them if you ask a question the wrong way? so... what is the timeline for this feature to get fit into your production timelines or do we not get to know for some reason? checked on your link and guess what?... and if sue sees this: dear god toggle it off capability. do you think people are always wearing gloves when they are drawing? -cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2023 Apr 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i have the same issue and it's incredibly frustrating. Almost every 2nd gesture undoes a previous one. How can i use my ipencil 2 in Fresco without the tap features. I tried turning it off in settings but that doesn't work. I only have this issue with Fresco. I love Fresco for its ease of use, but the super sensitivity of reading my palm as a gesture is getting to me, delaying my productivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the features I enjoy using in Fresco is of course the use of vector brushes seemlessly with live and raster brushes. My least favorite tool is the very frustrating >> requirement to stop and re-select the color I was drawing with; the flow of drawing is continually stopped. The question remains, how to turn on/off the 'quick eye dropper tool' tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been posting and upvoting this issue for four months at https://adobefresco.uservoice.com.

I would love to be able to disable the eyedropper touch feature.

For those of us who draw with a palm or finger on the ipad, it always changes the color mid-drawing and is a big workflo disruptor. I hope this option is considered in an update soon, I love drawing with Fresco otherwise!

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matthew. 

I brought this up with Fresco's product manager this afternoon and he had a couple of questions for you: 

Would it help to increase the amount of time that it takes that gesture to launch the eyedropper tool? 

Or, do you not use that gesture at all and just want to be able to toggle it off (like the Snapline feature)?

Thanks for your insight.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding Sue!

I would prefer a toggle, but an increase in delay time would also help if the toggle is not an option.

It must be less than a second between my hand hitting the surface and the pen. But at the current setting, that's just enough to trigger the gesture before recognizing the pen. So an increase in time would certainly help, but I personally don't use the gesture that often anyway. 

Thanks so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Matthew. 

I had a pretty strong feeling this would be your  response (I know  because I feel  your pain; I inadvertently trigger  the Eyedropper tool all the time). 

; I don't know when it will make  it in the app but I know that it has made it past UserVoice and has been added to our "features/functions" list.

Hang in there. 

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

post covid now, any update on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines