• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do watercolor and vector tools no longer work on masks? If so can it be added back in?

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About a year ago I made a piece of art for a poster background using the watercolor tool when working on a mask. I tried to do the same technique today but found I couldn't replicate because I was restricted to the pixel brushes. When I opened the original poster file on Illustrator for iPad the mask layer is no longer a mask, but a pixel layer. Has there been a change to the code or anything like that preventing watercolor/vector brushes from being used to hide/reveal on mask layers? If so can we put the feature back? I am unable to recreate the same effect for my work and am highly disappointed.

TOPICS
Canvas settings , Layers , Live brushes , Performance , Pixel Brushes , Tools , Vector Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

There has very likely been many changes to many features in the past year. I'd suggest going to the Feature Request page (App settings > Help > Request a feature) and ask if they can recreate the ability to do what you used to be able to.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has very likely been many changes to many features in the past year. I'd suggest going to the Feature Request page (App settings > Help > Request a feature) and ask if they can recreate the ability to do what you used to be able to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exactly. The feature may have been removed in the past, due to some bug or something. I am not sure why. But, yeah, I'd suggest the feature and maybe it'll return

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines