• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Every action lagging in Fresco (not just filling - moving image, drawing a tiny line...)

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is super frustrating.

I'm working on a vector illustration, and where the fill action has always had some lag, now every. single. action. has a lag. It's infuriating!!! Ijust want to finish this drawing so I can move onto Procreate or some other software if Fresco is just going to be a HUGE PAIN.

It doesn't matter what I do - draw a small line, erase, try to move the drawing view around, zoom in/out. It doesn't respond straight away to ANYTHING. When I try to fill, it shows 'loading' for any amount of time before crashing the app completely.

I'm using iPad Pro 2020, brand new and have barely used the iPad for much else, has heaps of free memory. I've tried force closing the Fresco app, resetting iPad etc.

I'm scared to delete and reinstall the Fresco app in case it deletes my drawing altogether as I've spent heaps of time and it's been difficult to do.

Please can someone help with this?

I've seen other threads where people have the lag issue with colour fill, but not with every action.

TOPICS
Performance , Vector Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to other posts there are some size limitations based on device. I wonder if you are reaching the limitations of your device with your image and that is causing some of your issues.

Do you have the most recent update?

Did this start to happen after an update or just as you have continued to add more and more to the image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carly. 

To add to what Sjaani asked, I have a couple of questions:
* Are you having this problem with this one drawing? Or with every drawing you work on?
* When you sign in with your Adobe ID to https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents, do all of the edits for this drawing, and all of your other work, show up there?

* If it's the complexity of the drawing causing the problem, uninstalling/reinstalling won't help, so don't do that right now. 

Let me know what you find.

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am interested in seeing an update on this as I am considering purchasing an iPad Pro 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What size is the drawing?  How many layers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines