• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Everything except for the canvas is locked and I can't get out.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was drawing for the first time in Fresco and sometimes none of the buttons work. I can tap with my pencil or fingers wherever I want on the sides of the Ipad but the Ipad isn't doing anything. I can still draw/tap/zoom/etc. on the canvas (with pencil and fingers) this works just fine. The buttons on the outside of the canvas won't react (toolbar/etc.). Is this an automatic lock or something? It is very frustrating and I don't know how to get out when this happens. Or is something wrong with my Ipad?

Hopefully somebody can help me.

TOPICS
Canvas settings , Device , How-to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

So it seems this problem occurs, when connected to the internet. So I turned off wifi abd was able to use the pencil with no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to exit from the drawing back to the home screen? Are any of the tools working? How are you selecting a brush if you can't get the tools to respond? Can you show a screen shot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get back to the homescreen in the program, all the actions with my fingers work. And when I tap twice at the pencil (eraser) it also works. All actions work except the buttons on the top and sides of the screen do not work. It happens without any reason when I am drawing. The sides don't react and after a couple of minutes (tapping, swiping, etc.) they work just fine again. I wanted to make a screenshot but now it didn't happen 😅

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should not be any sort of automatic lock which would do something like this.

In addition to Michaels questions.

How old is the iPad? Do you have lots of free space? Does it lock straight away or are you able to get a lot of drawing done before it stops letting you use the tools on the sides?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Ipad is one week old. And 90% free space. It locks after a little bit of drawing with only black and one pencil (vector). 3 layers one empty, one image (jpeg) and one with the drawing. It doesn't matter if the image is visible or not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having similar issues. When I started Fresco, I could draw for a few seconds, until it won't let me draw or use the toolbar. I can only move the canvas. My iPad is Gen 9 with about 60% free hard drive space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it seems this problem occurs, when connected to the internet. So I turned off wifi abd was able to use the pencil with no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try to turn the wifi off when it happens again. Thank you. Only difference with mine is that I can still draw when it lockes I only can't change the tools or click on the layers or go back to the homescreen. All the actions on the sides of the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem.. with no solution. turning off the wifi is not helpful either. I can draw on the canvas and zoom and move it, but all the tools aren't clickable. has anyone gotten any answers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

did you get any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! This issue is also bugging me. Just bought a new 9th generation IPad 10.2. I was able to draw for about an hour, after this bug keeps happening. I have nothing else downloaded on my device, whether I'm connected to Wi-Fi or not doesn't make a difference. This happens when I'm drawing vector line. After drawing, I can't select anything from the left nor the top, or the layers. I can only double click with fingers, and when I return to "black canvas" as every line has been canceled, I'm able to use other tools. Major issue if this is not some kind of a lock situation? I hope there's a cure for this! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines