• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export and import from Fresco

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export from Fresco to .psd the vector layers show as Smart Objects. If I edit in Illustrator then reopen the file in Fresco it loses it vector qualities and demands pixel conversion before editing. This is not the case with pixel Smart objects in Photoshop.

How can one get an Illustrator file as a vector into Fresco. Surely this should be possible because the best thing about Fresco is the ability to use both graphic formats at once

It would be good if there was a workaround for this.

Stephen

TOPICS
Publish & export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

If you tap on the gear icon in the top right then select Help you'll see a Suggest a feature option.
This will take you to a UserVoice page where you can suggest things or upvote other suggestions if someone has already mentioned something on a similar line to what you're thinking of.

I definitely agree Fresco should be more compatible with AI, specially since AI for iPad is on the cards.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Judging by the response to this post I don't believe Fresco is truly compatible with Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do we get them to make it compatible, as I do like some of the functions but if not I'll stick to Draw. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you tap on the gear icon in the top right then select Help you'll see a Suggest a feature option.
This will take you to a UserVoice page where you can suggest things or upvote other suggestions if someone has already mentioned something on a similar line to what you're thinking of.

I definitely agree Fresco should be more compatible with AI, specially since AI for iPad is on the cards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think official documentation says export to pdf and open in illustrator if you want the vectors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip but I tried that. You end up with an un-editable image. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've tried it and each visible layer comes up as a layer in illustrastor. each stroke and paintfill it a separate object. non-visible layer do not get exported

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same!

I started my vector work in Fresco, saved as PDF then when I opened in Illustrator, it was ... odd! Just was one unnamed layer, then stuck with it, got it back to a decent standard, but then was a pain again when I wanted to reopen back to Illustrator 

I am always checking when Illustrator is coming for the iPad as I think that fresco is great, but just simply jumping back to and from isn't its strongpoint 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same problem with Fresco. The file in Fresco is completely Vector...but exporting to illustrator tas a pdf here is a mix of bitmap layers and vector??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines