Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Feature Request] Fresco Symmetry Tool

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sooooo. When is this getting added?
I've seen mentions of it "coming soon" dating back to 2019.

You're getting crushed by Procreate in this department, Adobe. What gives?

[Renamed by Mod]

TOPICS
Live brushes , Performance , Tools , Vector Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

It's coming soon!

Sjaani_0-1682294120694.png

Your best option is to use the Suggest features button, find other posts requesting the same feature and upvoting them.

Feature requests in this forum aren't the best way to tell Adobe what you want. The UserVoice page gets better results for feature requests.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotta love these why isn't Fresco more like Procreate posts! 

Generally Adobe doesn't announce when a feature is expected to be released. Probably because if they did someone would use the 'you said it would be available on x date' line against them.

It'll be released when they are happy with it!

As users of the app people  who respond on the forum are very unlikely to have any more idea of feature progress than you do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly. There's features the Fresco team have wanted to add for a long time,  but they're slowly adding it, because they don't want to break the app with a feature that might add a bug to the system. Its coming and its going to be great when it does.  Don't get me wrong, I love Procreate. It's also an amazing app that showed everyone the potential the iPad has with digital art,  but you can't compare what one app has that the other doesn't.  You have to judge an app on its own merits.  And right now, I've loved Fresco since it burst onto the scene and I'm loving the new features they've added. I mean, look at the most recent update,  what other app is there out there where if you upload an image, some kind of AI alchemy goes on and it finds all the vanishing points in that image and creates a perspective grid based on that image?  It's freaking amazing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"You can't compare what one app has that the other doesn't" : this comment makes zero sense to me. We are in an open market, where similar products compete based what they can and cannot provide. Comparing two competing products is not only natural, it should be encouraged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to compare what one app has that the other doesnt. Its the digital art market and certain things are simply expected of a product in that niche. I mean almost any app these days has that feature as it is widely used by many many artists and i find it sad not having it in Fresco. Its one of the missing features that just should be there already as they have it in Photoshop too. I do a lot of tattoo designs, a lot of them very symmetrical & i do like that Fresco is interconnected in the whole adobe suite but this feature missing kinda makes me just keep using procreate. Making a grid on an imported image is great but how many artists actually need that kind of feature? I m not saying symmetry is more important but surely more used among artists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also so desperate for symmetry in Fresco... please prioritize this Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2023 Apr 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to add my request for this feature. It is so useful for making tiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's coming soon!

Sjaani_0-1682294120694.png

Your best option is to use the Suggest features button, find other posts requesting the same feature and upvoting them.

Feature requests in this forum aren't the best way to tell Adobe what you want. The UserVoice page gets better results for feature requests.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's coming soon since 2019... I think they have an internal debate whether to add it to the free or to the premium version, is what I think

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines