• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature Request: Normal Layers as an Option

Contributor ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thanks for making Fresco its a great app, and a good start but I have to be honest Im not the biggest fan of how layers work in Fresco. I gave it a chance and got used to it but still dont really enjoy it. I think the new photoshop for ipad uses same layer tile system? I feel the way layers are it's just a bit slow to do simple things like hide visiblity of the layers or group layers. Its so odd that clicking visibility requires me to click on a seperate icon not on the layer itself. Not sure who thought that was a good idea. Always an extra click, it just knocks you out of a flow, and makes me want to not use layers as often as possible.

I think just keeping layers simple like procreate would be much better. Use gestures if possible, just keep it simple! Infinite painter for ipad is what I beleive Fresco is trying to do with the layers, but they handle it alittle better. They have the tiled layers but also give the option to go to normal layer style. (Image below).

image7.pngimage10.png

Ultimately the layers could greatetly be improved and I think asking users feedback would help. I wonder why big companies never seek feedback while making design decisions, like how artist show their work in progress and get feedback. But anyway the  UI feels like its in the way when I use Fresco, mostly the layers at the moment, but also in general. Like do I need to see every tool all the time? Do I need every icon to be on the screen? Can I get the option of moving tools to left side of screen or right? Things like that. Look at other successful apps, and dont be afraid to take what works and improve on it. But I really appreciate the adobe for finally make a program for artist who paint and draw, photoshop is their flagship but they never once focused on people who draw or work in studios designing movies and games, so adobe fresco has been a breath of fresh air. I look forward to what comes next. Keep going.

TOPICS
Layers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Adobe has a strong focus on asking for feedback. Have a look at their Fresco UserVoice pages. They use these suggestions and requests to build popular new features. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe has a strong focus on asking for feedback. Have a look at their Fresco UserVoice pages. They use these suggestions and requests to build popular new features. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines