Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Filling Tool Lag Issues

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having trouble with the filling tool on Fresco. It will load for a very long time or not be able to fill so I have to cancel. I noticed that there was a thread on here back in June where people were having the same problem, but I couldn't find an answer in that thread. Has anyone had similar problems? What was helpful?

I have already restarted my Ipad, checked that I have the latest version, and there is only one layer in my drawing.

Thanks for any advice or ideas!

Keep being creative!

-K

TOPICS
How-to, Performance, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How big is the file that you were using?  I haven't experienced any lag with the filling tool myself.  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a one layer drawing, 570 KB. It can fill small shapes, but not if they aren't close to a perfect circle.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kirsten. 

Sorry the app is hanging up so much. This is a known issue in vector art. Are you by any chance using the vector drawing tools?

Sue.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes, I am using a basic round vector brush.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kirsten. 

We working on a multi-step solution to this complexity issue that occurs in vector drawings. It's requires a careful approach because although many people don't experience the lag, the solution will affect anyone who uses the app. In the meantime, there are a couple of things you can try to alleviate the problem:

* Filling only considers the current layer, so if you limit the complexity of each layer that might make a difference. Create a new layer whenever the fill process starts to stall.
* Also, if you can, try not to merge layers until you're nearing the end of working on the drawing (although merging layers in raster art simplifies it, the opposite is true for vector art).

Let me know if either of those help. 

Sue.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines