• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco 4.0.0 Crashing on Every Attempt to Launch (Win 11)

Engaged ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to Fresco 4.0.0 during Adobe MAX in the past 2 days (Oct. 18-19, 2022) after seeing exciting demos of the product. I now can no longer get Fresco to launch. It crashes every time I try to open from my CC (full plan, all apps) app - which is also up-to-date.

UPDATE: I just uninstalled Fresco 4.0.0 and tried to rollback to the previous version (3.9.0). Now that version no longer launches either and immediately Crashes when I try to Open from CC.

Can someone pls help me troubleshoot? I wanted to create some overlays using live watercolor brushes to use for a current project in Ps. Also - Adobe - can some staff person pls check the Win installers on CC to be sure something buggy didn't get posted for Fresco 4.0.0 & 3.9.0. Thx.

My system info:  Windows 11 Pro desktop PC. AMD RX 6800 XT. Intel i9 12th gen. 64GB RAM. System is new as of 1-2 mos. ago.

Here's a snip of the Error Msg I get each time Fresco crashes since the update a day ago:

Fresco_Crashes-EveryOpenAttempt_Rel4-0-0_Win11.JPG

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, this is what I see when I go to the Adobe CC page for Fresco. It says it should "work" on my desktop PC...

I uninstalled Fresco after the frustration from the crashes noted above. If someone from Adobe can provide a non-buggy Win (11) installer, I'd love to try using the product!

AdobeFresco-AllegedlyWorksOnWin11DesktopPC.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try signing out of your creative cloud account and signing in again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would only 1 app not work when all the others do?

I'm concerned about losing access to the essential apps I use multiple times daily if messing around impacts them too. I need to know why just 1 app with a crashing history would require a complete logout & login that could jeopardize (possibly) my use of all other working CC apps.

There is a 3 yr history (since 2019 that I see) in these forums of people (primarily Windows users) saying they've had this exact type of crashing with multiple generations of Fresco. And, only Fresco.

Which makes me wonder, again, why just Fresco? Those posters all tried all sorts of potential 'fixes' and none worked - per their followup posts.

I appreciate the thought. But I need a solution that is Fresco specific & addresses why it alone is unworking. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not in a position to guarantee it will work or that you won't lose anything.

In my experience with the MAX updates I've had single apps not working properly after an update but if I log out and back in the additional apps start to work again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay. Good to know. But I rolled back (as noted above) to the 3.9.0 release and that does the exact same crash on launch attempt. My other CC apps that I updated to the latest releases at the same time are not crashing.

To me, it's not worth risking losing any of my critical primary apps (that all work fine) to try to get a new app that I wanted to learn (after seeing its features promoted) and that I thought would be cool to use together with Ps as a source of created content... I'm especially dubious when I see all the notes others have posted previously in the past 3 yrs re: similar issues. Thx again.

It seems there are serious coding issues in Fresco. At least related to Win desktop environments. That's something I'd appreciate an Adobe prod mgr for Fresco or devs (who work on Fresco code for Win systems) to address or respond about. I have also reported the issue (with screen snips & sys info) to Fresco Help. No word yet (which is what the ppl in the earlier forums re: earlier releases since 2019 and similar issues rptd back too).  😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines