Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Feature Request] Adobe Fresco for Android

Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is Adobe Fresco coming to Android? If it is, are there any release dates yet or perhaps even a beta tester program?

[Renamed by Mod]

TOPICS
Device

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Hi prubini87,

Thanks for your interest in Fresco. As of now Fresco is only available for iPad but we're working on developing the app for other platforms and devices. I'll definitely pass on your feedback to the product team. 

Stay tuned for more updates!

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 205 Replies 205
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from using the community >

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does this mean, I do not understand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it means you posted in the wrong forum and i moved your post to the correct forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fresco was never available on Android.  As far as I know, its not being developed for Android at the moment.  I could be totally wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, maybe so i'm wrong thanks for the answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

per adobe employee at https://community.adobe.com/t5/fresco-discussions/when-is-fresco-coming-out-for-android/m-p/13108020:

"Thanks for reaching out, and sorry for the late response. Fresco is currently available for users on Windows and iOS devices. I would request you to upvote this UserVoice (https://adobefresco.uservoice.com/forums/919786-adobe-fresco/suggestions/44090415-fresco-on-android) and add your comments there. By doing this, you will keep getting all the updates related to this UserVoice."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello adobe! I wonder why the fresco program comes first on ios but still not on android. I like this program very much, so I want it to come to Android, I'm sure there are studies on this subject, but until when? Please hurry up I got a new tablet and I just want to make some art. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Sevde Nur30006723ezl5,

We understand that having Fresco on Android is important to you, and apologize for its unavailability at this time. Would you mind upvoting this UserVoice (https://adobefresco.uservoice.com/forums/919786-adobe-fresco/suggestions/43818732-fresco-on-android) and adding your comments there? Doing this will help us prioritize this feature request, and you will keep getting all the related updates.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2023 Sep 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are pages and pages of requests on UserVoice for Fresco on Android. Android Tablet users are paying the same cost for a subscription that provides significantly less value. I assume Adobe has done the market research - if the numbers aren't there to justify fairly supporting Android customers, then give us the data so we can understand. Otherwise, give us the software. A little transparency goes a long way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had luck using my Samsung S9+ tablet with Fresco, and being able to draw with Samsung's S pen on the tablet in Fresco.  Samsung has a built in feature on the tablet called "Second Monitor".  This allows me to start up Fresco on my Windows PC, and then using "Second Monitor", the Samsung tablet becomes a third monitor to the two I was already using on my Windows PC.  The catch is you can only use Fresco on the Android tablet when you have the tablet right next to the Windows PC.  The Windows PC I'm using is a laptop, so I could take this on the road, but its not as handy as if Fresco ran natively on the tablet.  This also allows me to use my tablet's pen in Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will the Adobe fresco Android application availabile ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you search through the forum you will notice this has been asked many times.

Adobe staff have indicated that it is being worked on, however they do not give release dates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please make sure you make your voices heard at https://adobefresco.uservoice.com/.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fresco Android version  in the near future ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rene. 

I don't have a date, but we will eventually have an Android version of Fresco. 

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RushのAndroid版リリース時も期待していたのに、手持ちの機種では対応外でがっかりしたという事がありました。

あまり対応機種を限定しないでオープンに使えるようになるといいですね。

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be nice to have an approx month... maybe date/month? I like the app use i have seen but prefer android- non apple product costs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Better be before January since you're killing the other apps then and I'm not buying into Crapple just for the Adobe Suite. God, I hate that company. Perhaps keep the other apps operational until everyone's covered? Only makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, considerend it's been passed two years after lauch, might get us to Android community of artists and creators sometime between 2022 and the end of the Universe.
At least would be honest if you (Adobe) admit that you're not even working on this and probably it's an Apple's exclusive.
This feels just plain disrespect to a large part of your customers. Thanks for nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

totally. more than 1000 votes and no sign. 

They definitely are exclusive, and I wish they were honest with it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly! That's why I cancelled my subscription. I paid $52.99 before taxes monthly for dozens of unnecessary and useless apps and not one has mobile draw capabilities for Android? How you discontinue mobile apps Android users used for years without an explanation or replacement; introduce Fresco which excludes mobile illustration capabilities for Android aka short changing Android users whose money spends just like Android users; ghost requests for a launch date or context regarding why Android is being blatantly excluded from vital mobile functions.

If Adobe had an ounce of integrity they would have featured a response that wasn't two years old. Or better yet, provided all of their customers with this same amenities. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, here we are four years since the launch of Fresco and still no solution for drawing for the Android side.  This is terrible and embarrassing, Adobe!  Come on! You appear not to care about a huge part of your customer base!  If this continues, people will seek out other programs and possibilities.  Is that what you guys want?  DaVinci is looking really good right now....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now, Fresco's biggest competitor is Procreate which is available only on iPad. I get it, its frustrating. As I said before, the fragmented nature of Android with so many different versions of the software out there makes it ridiculously difficult to develop for and make it bug free. Not to start an Android vs Apple debate, but the reason why it probably came to iPad first is because it's all running iPadOS where 99% are on the current build and there's consistency with processors. Windows came next, because there can be differences with graphic cards and some machines may not be running the most current build, but it's the same Windows. With Android, there's versions all over the place with device manufacturers having their own version of Android. It makes things really difficult. And when they do release it to Android, it's more than likely be very limited to what devises run it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines