• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco drawing layer sometimes turns blurry

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I've read some other posts relating to a similar issue with Fresco - where sometimes the pixel layer will suddenly turn blurry and it looks out of focus compared to other layers. To fix this my only option has been to redraw these when it happens.

Does anyone know if this issue is a bug, or something else? I wondered if there was an ideal way to work around this, so that it doesn't happen?

I always work with 300dpi pixel setting. Otherwise I love this app and look forward to it evolving! Many thanks!

TOPICS
Layers , Performance , Pixel Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're working at 300dpi and zooming in on an image it makes sense that the pixel layers would seem blurry as you're zoomed in so you see the lines in more details. Specially if you're comparing a pixel layer to a vector layer.

Are you suggesting that some pixel layers look blurry while other still look as expected?

Also if you've read other posts on the Adobe Support Community forum on the same topic, it's often helpful to just continue posting in that thread as people with the same experiences will find it easier to see all discussions in a single thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I get that. I'm not talking about artwork viewed zoomed in or looking at it enlarged. This is at normal view, some layers/linework which start off fine somehow turn blurry and lose their original resolution. This only seems to affect the odd layer drawn with the same brush and size. And redrawing fixes them. I felt that possibly the nesting and grouping layers may be a contributing factor that's making them more susceptible to suddenly turn blurry — in some cases.  So as an experiment I'm finding that avoiding doing that helps avaoid the issue.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does going back to the original view cause that layer to turn back normal? or is it still blurry? I know you're using 300 DPI,  but what is the overall size of the document? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Document size is A3. Returning to original view doesn't fix it. It only seems to affect the odd layer/linework and, the only remedy has been to redraw them.  My instinct is that it may be related to layers which are nested together. And the nesting may make make them susceptible to suddenly turn blurry — in some cases. Don't know why. So I'm mindful of that as an experiment and hoping that helps avoid the issue.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines