• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco Error Code 191 Windows 11 (Not updating or installing)

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My laptop updated to windows 11 and I receive the following error code each time I try to update and use Adobe Fresco

Exit Code: 191
-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------
 - 2 fatal error(s), 2 error(s), 0 warnings(s) 

FATAL: Error (Code = 191) executing in command 'AddUWPAppxCommand' for package: 'Assets', version:3.8.1.1028
FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: Assets Version: 3.8.1.1028). Error code: '191'
ERROR: hdhelper exe at C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\HDBox\HDHelper.exe failed to install UWP app with error code 1 - OS Message: C:\adobeTemp\ETRDA47.tmp\1\frescoApp\WinUIPackagingProject (Package)_3.8.1.1028_x64_Retail.msix#@#OS_Error_Code: 0x80073d23#@#OS_Error_String: The package deployment operation is blocked by the "Allow deployment operations in special profiles" policy.
ERROR: Failed to install UWP Appx Package with error C:\adobeTemp\ETRDA47.tmp\1\frescoApp\WinUIPackagingProject (Package)_3.8.1.1028_x64_Retail.msix#@#OS_Error_Code: 0x80073d23#@#OS_Error_String: The package deployment operation is blocked by the "Allow deployment operations in special profiles" policy.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have trouble shooted the issue with no success as per the below source
https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/download-install/kb/error-code-191.html
I have tried updating the user and all of the permissions in program files, etc. I have everything updated on my laptop. I was able to update every app in my Adobe Photography Plan apart from Fresco and Photoshop Express. So it doesnt seem like there should be a user issue as outlined in the error code above ("Allow deployment operations in special profiles" policy)
My laptop is HP Laptop

TOPICS
Activation installation and billing , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Carly Mac Art Studio,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I would request you try updating Fresco under a different administrator account and share your observations.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Note: Marking correct for visibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work unfortunetly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Carly Mac Art Studio,

Sorry to hear that the suggestions provided did not help. Would you mind trying the following steps and checking if it helps:

1. Close all Adobe applications.
  2. Open Installed Apps.
    1. Start > Settings > Apps > Installed Apps.
    2. Search > Microsoft Visual C++.
  3. Select Microsoft C++ Redistributable, click the three dots, and choose Modify.
  4. On Microsoft C++ Redistributable Setup, click on Repair.
  5. Click on Close once setup is successful.
  6. Also, install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable from here: https://aka.ms/vs/17/release/vc_redist.x64.exe.
  7. Restart the computer
  8. Relaunch Creative Cloud and install Fresco

If the issue persists, kindly upload the error log file here (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/share-your-files-in-6-simple-steps/td-p/12967...) so that we can check it on our end.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines