• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco files going missing

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a few files which have gone missing from Fresco. I don’t understand why it only seems to be able to have 20 files, and so when I create a new one, one vanishes. I've looked in My Work in CC and some of it is there, but not all. I also restored one that was deleted and it didn't appear anywhere I can see! Please help! This cloud storage isn't being super helpful to me right now 😕 I'd rather store everything locally, and I know that is an option on Fresco. 

Where do restored documents go?

TOPICS
How-to , Import , Publish & export , Syncing & Storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Hi @MindeeDziuba,

We are sorry to hear about your experience and for the delayed response. I will try my best to help you understand & locate your missing Fresco Cloud documents.

- The files showing under recent are the ones you have recently edited/ opened/ created.
Note: Folders don't show under the "Recent" section.

- Under the "Your File" section, you will see the files & folders. I am sure that your missing files are under one of the folders. Please try locating them under the "Tropica

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harri. 

After our conversation in the Sketch forum, I wonder if the issue you're running into is that you've reached the maximum of your Creative Cloud Storage. (You can check that in the app: From the Home screen tap the avatar icon in upper right corner; then from the App settings menu tap Account > Creative Cloud Storage.) The app requires storage padding of 500MB so if you see that 500MB is what's remaining, you are at your maximum.

That said, your work shouldn't just be "disappearing," you should see some sort of alert in the app about needing to freeing up storage space or something similar. But perhaps I'm misunderstanding...

Let me know what you find. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

I'm having the same problem. A whole folder/group of drawings seem to have disappeared from Fresco. Only the most recently drawn image of the group remains, which were draw over a few months. Whilst earlier Sketch drawings have been imported ok, nothing has been saved in Fresco that was drawn in Fresco dated before that last drawing. I have only used 18gb of my 100gb storage allowance. I've looked in the creative cloud app and in assets adobe files and deleted files and can't find anything. I certainly haven't deleted them. I've received no warnings about exceeding any storage limits and have been paying my subscription without interruption. Any ideas about where to look? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @lynneb88209176,

Sorry to hear about this. Could you please confirm if you are using a personal or business account to login into Fresco? Also, please confirm the exact version of Fresco, iPadOS & model of iPad.

Looking Forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will send you a message. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been figured out yet? Suddenly an entire file (entire children's book worth of illustrations !) for a client has disappeared from "my files"!) I can see them on my laptop on the web on creative cloud, but that is not helpful to my needs. I need to open up some of the old drawings of characters layers for book sequels IN FRESCO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issue. Not all of the files from my "Recent" home page in Fresco are showing up in the My Files tab.  I have plenty of cloud storage available, so it's not that issue.

Some of my recent work appears in "Your Files", but several files I created from the Home Page and showed up in Recents but didn't create while in the "Your Files" tab have disappeared on me when they're no longer "Recent" enough and get bumped off that page. They're also not in my Creative Cloud files - that just mirrors what I see in "Your Files". 

If I can't find a "Recent" file in "Your Files", but it's still showing up on my home page, I have exported it as a PSD file, then opened the Your Files tab and imported it that way. 

Super frustrating and I've searched the forum quite a bit with no solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issues.  This whole Adobe Cloud product is a disaster.  There is no coninutity, too many products with the same name or similar names and I can't figure out how to even frame my querie to get any reasonable help.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot of my "recents" from Fresco on my iPad

IMG_0614.PNG

Screenshot of "Your Files"  and showing everything is synced - the bird of paradise files are not showing up.  (No they aren't in the folders.)

IMG_0616.PNG

Screenshot of "Your Creatvie Cloud" homebase page:

Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 3.24.20 PM.png

Going to "synced files"

Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 3.24.30 PM.png

Nope - no bird of paradise art showing up here in synced files:

Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 3.24.46 PM.png

Back to the home base and going to "Cloud Documents":

Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 3.24.59 PM.png

No dice on bird of paradise files showing up here either.

Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 3.25.13 PM.png

     

What is the differenece between the cloud documents and synced files?  This website https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/about-cloud-documents.html does nothing to dispell the mystery.  You have to sync something to the Cloud therefore cloud documents ARE synced files!

I am missing 6 files of bird of paradise illustrations that I can only see in my "recents" in Fresco. I had random AIC files showing up in one of these cloud storage buckets that I have no idea what they are.....

Any insight to help with this would be much appreciated. I cannot for the life of me figure this out.  My husband who is a brilliant computer scientist can't parse it either.  Why can't we go back to pre-subscription Adobe and all of the cloud BS? 

  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @MindeeDziuba,

We are sorry to hear about your experience and for the delayed response. I will try my best to help you understand & locate your missing Fresco Cloud documents.

- The files showing under recent are the ones you have recently edited/ opened/ created.
Note: Folders don't show under the "Recent" section.

- Under the "Your File" section, you will see the files & folders. I am sure that your missing files are under one of the folders. Please try locating them under the "Tropical House Mix".

- On the Creative Cloud assets website, there are four sections - "Cloud documents", "Published", "Synced files", & "Mobile creations".

• Under Cloud Documents, you will see multiple file formats such as AIC, XDC, PSDC, FRESCO, & REAL.
    AIC file belongs to Illustrator
    XDC file belongs to XD
    PSDC files can be from Photoshop & Fresco.
    REAL files being to Aero.
  • Under the Published section, you will see files which are shared for review with the stakeholders & developers.
  • Synced files are basically like a storage section similar to dropbox, Google Drive, etc. Unlike cloud documents which are basically used by individual apps to store their specific file formats.
  • The mobile Creation section was basically used by EOL mobile apps like Sketch, Draw, Comp etc., to store their specific file on the cloud.

I hope this clarifies your queries.

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi i am also missing certain file types. and even when i try to "make offline" these files, they dont show up in my creative cloud "offline" folder.

i am also looking at files that exist in the "recent" folder in Fresco but dont seem to show up anywhere else in creative cloud or even in Fresco app. Ive tried downloading them, saving them etc. in my "recent" in creative cloud, they are not there either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @LJOLJO,

Sorry for any confusion. The Fresco app only uses Cloud Documents. These documents are not supposed to save in the Creative Cloud files folder. The Creative Cloud folder is like generic storage where you can upload any kind of document, images, zip files, etc. 

Please check out this helpx article (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/about-cloud-documents.html#:~:text=Difference%20between%...) for more details.

I hope it clarifies!

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mindee you have EXACTLY DESCRIBED THE PROBLEMS I've been having for 2 years with cc. Now I have a CRISIS situation. An entire file--entire children's picture book worth of illustrations is missing. It is part of a series. Working on a sequel. Can see the file on the laptop in the cloud but that is not helpful. I need the Fresco layers open on my iPad to continue making the characters to same colors, style, etc. in the sequential stories about them.  Has anyone found a solution?? They are juST GONE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Your files will still be there; you'll have to quit the Facebook app and then go into your .. .com account and click on Cloud files. It used to save them on the device and SHOULD save them but it doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @MollyzMom,

I'm truly sorry to hear about the difficulties you've been facing with Adobe Creative Cloud and the missing illustrations in Fresco. I understand the importance of the work you're doing, and I'm here to assist you in resolving this issue.

It's concerning that an entire file, which is part of a children's picture book series, has gone missing. Please allow me to assist you in trying to recover it. Here are some steps you can take:

• Login Method: I checked you have two login methods, one through Facebook and one through Google. Sometimes, files might be associated with different profiles based on the login method. To address this, try logging out and logging back in using both methods to see if the file appears under a different profile.

• Local Storage: If the file couldn't sync properly due to connectivity issues, there might be a local copy stored on your device. When you reconnect to the internet, it should attempt to sync. Please ensure you have a stable internet connection and then open Fresco to check for any local files that may not have synced yet.
    However, If you had to delete the Fresco app and the file was not synced, then that could lead to data loss.

Please let me know how the steps above work for you or if you need further assistance.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing to me except I've lost hundreds of files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2024 Feb 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! This is happening to me too! At first it was just one file -- a very important one but thankfully I'd already sent the project to the publisher and still had the version I'd exported to Illustrator. This one went missing last fall and at the time when Creative Cloud was still active I could see the Fresco generated file there but not on my actual iPad Fresco app. Very frustrating. I should have followed up but just moved on with my life.

Then it happened again two days ago. I opened an older Fresco file to edit it. It opened fine, but then I remembered that I needed to copy a layer from another Fresco file so I closed it right away, went to the other file, hit copy and then went back to find the recently opened file and it had disappeared!!!!! It didn't show up in my "recents" OR in the folder it had previously been stored in. I can't check to confirm that it still exists via the Creative Cloud because that isn't working anymore. I'm freaking out. I use Fresco exclusively for my illustration work. I need to know that my files are secure and that I can always go back and edit.

Where are they stored on my iPad? If they go missing, can I restore them from somewhere else and reimport them? Someone please help! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines