Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco for Android PLEASE!

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've used Adobe and been a subscriber to the cloud for as long as I can remember, and therefore have paid a ton of money for these apps, and it's really damn sad to be able to not have support for Android for at least ONE app??????????????? Really??

I bought a Samsung ultra tab android because I prefer it for MANY reasons over iPad (had an iPad before and really don't want to go back to it). I seriously did NOT think that Adobe wouldn't have these apps available for Android, I really thought more of Adobe. Really. I've tried using the other creative apps that are available for Android and they cannot compare to the Adobe apps for creating digital art. PLEASE I BEG YOU TO AT LEAST MAKE FRESCO SUPPORT ANDROID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOPICS
Device

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many other threads asking for the same thing, response from Adobe is that it is being worked on but there are no dates set. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am WELL AWARE of this, it's the same empty promise YEAR AFTER YEAR actually. It starts to smell like bull**** to me. Which is sad and why I wrote this post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's easier said than done.  As I said in other threads regarding this, the reason why it went to iPadOS/iOS first is because for the most part all iOS/iPadOS devices have the same functionality, they have the same OS, usually on the same version.  Aside from RAM and screen size the experience on a base model iPad is going to be the same as a top of the line iPad Pro.  Windows followed shortly afterwards because there is a lot more variety when it comes to Windows devices. Because of which, it took longer in order to create a version for it that was devoid of major bugs.  Android on the other hand is all over the place. Depending on who the manufacturer is, your Android experience is all over the place, a good portion of which aren't even running the same interation of Android.  Because of that, it makes it even more difficult to create a version of Fresco for Android.  The best shot I would see Fresco showing up may be the new Galaxy tablets that just showed up.

No slight to Windows or Android, but the more variation of the versions of a device OS you get, the more difficult it is to create a verdion for that. Its taking longer, because they want to make sure its usable.  They could very easily throw a version on Android,  but there's a good chnce it could be so buggy that its unusable for most users, giving the app a bad rep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's funny you make this excuse for the short sightedness of Adobe. There are a ton of apps similar to fresco from small independent companies with FAR less money to put into development on both platforms. I'm so sick of Adobe dragging it's feet to provide for Android.

All this being said I would like to say I'm a LONG time Adobe Photoshop user but this truly is the straw that breaks the camel's back I'm done with supporting a company so miopic it refuses to pick up its own slack. So Adobe can kiss my money good-bye as well as the other artists in my company (small though we are.) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines