• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco Freezing/Not Advancing Past 53% Walk-Thru Tutorial + No Way to Exit Fresco

Engaged ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I'd try Fresco to complement my Ps work (primarily photo-oriented - seemed like it might be cool to try some digital painting on photos...).

I launched the Fresco interface (on Win 11 Pro, AMD RX6800 XT up-to-date) and after several tries was unable to get past the 3rd-4th step in the self-guided interface tour. It consistently freezes at the 53% completed point and won't let me do anything else in Fresco either. I cannot go forward or back in the tour. The entire interface locks up.

I tried ESC, I tried hitting the "X" at upper right of my Win 11 interface. I can't even exit Fresco. I tried re-launching a few times. Same exact experience every time...

It's very frustrating.

Fresco needs some troubleshooting... any tips re: how to work with (or, around) these issues if we want to get oriented to the UI? Thx.

TOPICS
How-to , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you use the app if you don't bother going through the tutorial? or is the tutorial forced on you each time you open the app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I specifically wanted the walk-thru tutorial to familiarize me with the program before trying to use it for the 1st time.

There is a pop-up box that prompts for the walk-thru so I wanted to avail myself of it.

Also, it was impossible to close the app - no File > Exit type of option and the "X" at upper right on my Win 11 PC wouldn't close/exit the program either.

Thx for asking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got an email today asking if I got a reply that solved my issue.

The answer is 'No'. I have not. The issue persists and no one has (so far) been able to provide an answer how to deal with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Fotomaker01RA,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I would request you try re-installing Fresco and check if it helps. Also, try updating the drivers for your GPU and running Fresco under a different administrator account and share your observations.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines