Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco keeps freezing

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I'm using Adobe Fresco on my Huion Kamvas 22 plus attached to my MSI  Intel Core i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00 GHz with 8 GB RAM. Working on Windows 10, and all are updated and have the recent drivers. 

When I work in Fresco, I don't use large files (2400px square) or brushes (under 100 px) but often Fresco keeps freezing. Like it has much trouble calculating rendering and such. Between 30 seconds to a minute, it suddenly unfreezes and I can work again, until it freezes again. This is such a hassel in my workflow to a point I don't like working with it, all though I do like the software without freezing. 

Is there something I can do to keep it from freezing on me? 

thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Live brushes , Performance , Pixel Brushes , Vector Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At a guess, you're using a device which isn't supported so there isn't much we can do to help until or unless Adobe adds the Huion devices to their supported list.

Is the Huion a tablet with Windows 10 installed or are you using it like a drawing device attached to a main system?
If you can use Fresco on a Windows 10 desktop without the Huion without it freezing then it would definitely seem that the device is the issue at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm having the same issue, Fresco slowing dow, acting jaggedly, then freezing altogether. I have the latest version iPad and iPencil with plenty of storage space. I be tried shutting everything down, ensuring i'm either plugged in and/or fully charged but the freezing and slow response is still happening. I love Fresco and use it when teaching as well, but this freezing is super frustrating. suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same experience. All new Ipad and Apple pen, but freezing. Any advice here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @jakobf16001915,

Sorry to hear about this experience. Would you mind sharing a screen recording of the problem you are facing along with the exact model of the iPad and the version of the OS and Fresco installed so we can investigate this further?

Also, kindly check if removing Fresco, restarting your iPad, and reinstalling Fresco helps resolve the problem.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed if you give it a few minutes it works perfectly again....think about it we're outsmarting AI yet again....lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to disagree with this response and am inclined to believe this person that their hardware is not the cause for the crashes because I've been using Adobe Fresco successfully for over a year now on my Surface Book 2 with very competitive specs. Since today, my whole device suddenly freezes when loading a project or latest when trying to change the brush. My setup hasn't changed. 
The only way to get the Surface running again at all is shutting it down by pressing the power button for a minute or so. Then, after the restart, everything is fine until I attempt to open Fresco. Again, I never had any issues with running the app until today. Reinstalling it didn't solve the issue, it seems to be rooted in the software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am inclined to challenge this response because I am on the latest and greatest iPad and mine freezes too.....I came here to report this in hopes of a sober answer. I very much doubt the hardware to be this persons issue somehow, because I am perfectly synced with the appropriate requirements and have the same issue. I suspect we are working faster than the software can cope.....just my humble opinion and after seeing this response I'm more committed to that opinion....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Frisco happily for two years at least now and then for the last week it has stopped working altogether freezes when I try to select tool even though the brush might be working. I'm working on a iPad Pro with an Apple Pencil and from what I can tell nobody has figured out what the problem is I've tried to reach Adobe on this, but no success has anybody saw this problem? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue! Never a problem until the last week or so. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. The pen works but I can't click anything. The only way is if I draw something undo the I'm able to click items. It's a work around but it is very frustrating! It's been doing it to me for 2-4 weeks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well if this freeze problem is happening now for so many of us is ADOBE reading these comments? How do we let them know?

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @roger ricco@Francesca5CD9,

We understand how frustrating it can be to experience crashes while using Fresco. Would you mind checking if all of your work is synced online (https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents)? If yes, kindly try deleting Fresco, restarting your device, and then reinstalling the app to check if it helps. Also, check if the OS installed is up to date (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204204).

If the issue persists, kindly share the crash report so that we can investigate this further:

• Open iPad Settings > Privacy & Security > Analytics & Improvements > Analytics Data. You will see file names like “JetSam-2023-01-03-083327.ips” (2023-01-03 is the date in the log & 083327 is the time). Ensure you share the recent log file after the crash by looking at the timestamp.
  • Upload the file to (https://assets.adobe.com) and share a link to the file here or via DM.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2023 Jul 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing similar issues. Fresco keeps freezing about every few minutes for about half a minute. After those ca 30 second it resumes as normal, usually. It crashes only sparingly. This issue started about early June. I have used the app for over a year now and never experienced this problem before.

I am working on an iPad 8th gen. I have deleted and reinstalled the app. I have the lates OS version. I checked that I have a good internet connection, plenty of free space on the device, and no other apps running. Fresco continues to freeze every few minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @marenk73767572,

We're sorry for the trouble. It looks like we need to troubleshoot this on a live session. Please head here (https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen) and select the chat button in the lower-right corner of the page. We can help troubleshoot faster that way.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines