• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco Layer becomes Photoshop layer can't reopen in Fresco

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on an art peice that has text in it and I wanted to use Photoshop to handle my text placement because quite frankly the Fresco Text stuff is terrbile. I needed map out the art along side the text before I spent hours and hours doing detail work that might need to me changed to accomidate text. So I had the basic outlines and color blocks in for the art all using layers made 100 percent in Fresco. Nip over to Photoshop and work out where the text is going and how it will layout. Back to Fresco to go back to the art and OH NO all my layers art not one photoshop layer. All but two of these were made in Fresco and I did not edit them AT ALL in Photoshop  I can't even up group them never mind actually work on them. No idea what triggers this. For the love of god someone please fix this. This is not the two programs working together as we were promised. The only way I have found to even save my hours of work on the art is to now revert back to the previous version and lose the work done with the text in photoshop. THIS is what I want fixed in the next update!! 

TOPICS
Cross-product , Layers , Performance , Syncing & Storage , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @QueenBeckyB,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're facing with your artwork in Fresco. From your description, it sounds like the layers you created in Fresco have somehow become Photoshop layers after you worked on the text layout in Photoshop. I understand this is frustrating, and we're here to assist you.

Regarding the situation you've described, are you encountering an error message similar to the screenshot attached below? If yes, this kind of situation has been reported before, and it might be related to certain layers being incorrectly marked as animation layers when they shouldn't be.

Anshul_Saini_0-1692223524946.png

To better assist you, could you please:

1. Confirm if you're getting the error shown in the screenshot.
  2. Share the specific file that you're experiencing this issue with. You can upload it to assets.adobe.com and ensure that "anyone with the link can view" & "Save a copy" is selected.
    Anshul_Saini_1-1692223696968.png
  3. Let us know if there were any motion layers or animation-related elements in the file before you opened it in Photoshop.

By examining the file and understanding the context, we can provide more tailored guidance to potentially reverse this situation or prevent it from happening in the future.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we're here to help you resolve this issue.

Best regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines