• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco Motion - White GIFs

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

End goal: Export a GIF with transparent background and animated white doodle.

When I initially went to export the animation from Fresco I realized the options were:
- no transparency (basically adds a white background layer to artwork)
- white as transparent (white illustration I drew has now dropped out to nothing)

I tried to work around this by making the illustration in black and then exporting with transparency (planning to bring into PS and apply a color overlay of white to all layers within a group) BUT the GIF exported from Fresco included a halo of jagged white pixels around the illustration.

I was trying to think of a workaround where I could drop the background out in PS quickly (not masking one layer at a time) since using the transparency feature in Fresco's export made the lines quite rough. Not having come up with an automation for that maybe the next best option is the animate in AE and then export from PS as a GIF aka skipping Fresco motion all together?

All suggestions welcome!!

TOPICS
Color , Performance , Publish & export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

You can do the whole process in PS.

Create your layers then export out as an Animation.

Simplify the process by using one app, since you're using PS anyway, do everything in there. 

Depending on your image and the requirements for tweening of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do the whole process in PS.

Create your layers then export out as an Animation.

Simplify the process by using one app, since you're using PS anyway, do everything in there. 

Depending on your image and the requirements for tweening of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My hope was not to use PS at all since Fresco has "Motion" where animations can be preformed there. Like you said though a work around would be to bring the layered file into PS and then animate even though some movement is easier to key frame in Fresco. Thanks @Sjaani for at least confirming I wasn't missing something in Fresco's export options-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If this is something you hope to do a lot of I'd be heading to the Suggest a Feature threads (App Settings > Help > Suggest a Feature)  and asking that transparency be added to exported animated gifs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines