• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco needs to preserve art layers outside of art board

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please enhance Fresco to preserve art layers that go beyond art board area. Currently Fresco crops any art that moves outside of art board. This is extremely limiting when moving layers around to find better or alternate compositions using same elements. This could be a Canvas setting preference to see art ghosted outside of the art board.

TOPICS
Canvas settings

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which device are you using?
I'm on an iPad and can place both imported images or things I've drawn off the canvas, switch layers, go back to that later then bring the whole image back onto the canvas without losing any of the artwork.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using an iPad Pro. And specifically this is when creating art with the pixel brushes. Fresco gives a warning if pixel art is dragged beyond the boundary of the canvas, then it will be cropped. Vector brush elements are preserved, but pixel brush elements are not. This  is a bit inconsistent and frustrating when painting with pixel brush. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely appears to be a deliberate design, I didn't test with all brushes before only Vector and a full picture placement. I've just tried with the Live brushes, both water and oil and they also receive the crop warning just like you mention with the pixel brush.
I would suggest adding a vote and comment to the post on the same topic on Fresco UserVoice as that is where the developers look at popularity of ideas from what I understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greetings! I have an iPad Pro, too, and I'm not seeing how to extend my line beyond the boundary of the canvas.

Can you explain how you did it? Thanks!

Joan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines