• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco not opening Photoshop "image dimensions to large"

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to open a photoshop doc in Fresco but keep getting a "Embedded Image Dimensions too Large - must be 8192 pixels by 8192 pixels." The file I'm trying to open is 3900 x 5700 300ppi. I've tried dupliacting it and saving in adobe cloud but its not working.

TOPICS
Canvas settings , Device , Layers , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 23, 2024 Mar 23, 2024

I had the same problem! I had to export it to photoshop and then I deleted EVERYTHING that I didn't absolutely need and then import it back into Fresco to get it to work. Even though it was well below the size limits AND was created in Fresco and worked fine for almost a month. I also resized it slightly to help it reset. Very unhappy about losing a day and a half of work to this and having to explain to client that this random tech glitch happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried reducing the dimensions just to see if that will work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I'd try to reduce the image. But it should work 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble you are facing. The file you are trying to open is in 300pi. It should be 72ppi. The exact dimesnion of a 3900 x 5700 300ppi image or file will be 16250  ×  23750 in 72ppi. This is why the document is not opening. I hope it helps!

Reagrds,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this get resolved? I am also trying to open a file that is under 8192 pixels wide, and it tells me that it's too large. I'm a design professional and I understand pixels and resolution, and I am certain that I have sized it correctly in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @mrsdesignsherman,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind sharing more details, like the exact version of the OS/Fresco, a sample file (https://adobe.ly/3vdmar4), and screenshots of the problem/error message, so we can investigate this further?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2024 Mar 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem! I had to export it to photoshop and then I deleted EVERYTHING that I didn't absolutely need and then import it back into Fresco to get it to work. Even though it was well below the size limits AND was created in Fresco and worked fine for almost a month. I also resized it slightly to help it reset. Very unhappy about losing a day and a half of work to this and having to explain to client that this random tech glitch happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines