• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco pencil and small chisel brushes broken!!

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the past many years i have been using pencil and small chisel brushes quite extensively. As i am an illustrator i depend heavily on these brushes. After the past two updates both of these brushes do not work as they used to. More precisely, they are not precise, and this mostly applies to the pencil brush, the brush i use the most. All of a sudden while i am drawing the lines get distorted, pressure of the apple pencil is also distorted and doesn't distinguish thin from thick lines. It draws thin lines and then it starts drawing thick lines all of a sudden. It doesn't matter which size of the pencil i use its always the same. The lines are irregular and too big. I tried fiddling with settings, line pressure, etc. but nothing can fix the problem. 

From time to time the pencil stats acting normally but this is rarely happening, most of the times there are problems. When it does work properly, after few minutes the thickness of the brush changes without me applying additional pressure or drawing in an angle. In short, during the drawing sessions pencil brush starts acting up and drawing thicker and messier. 

This makes effectively impossible to draw with thin lines in Fresco which is very important for my illustrations. Pencil brush is completely broken and bugged.

Please fix this bug!! 

TOPICS
Performance , Pixel Brushes , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance you can supply a video showing what's happening. I personally didn't notice an issue with either of those brushes. Would also help to know if you're on an iPad or a different device.

As it is a potential bug it might also help to send a bug report directly to the developers which you can do through the Help menu in settings from within the app. This will also give them your system details, in case that is something they need to know regarding specific devices with specific bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for trying to help! Indeed its iPad Pro 12.9" (2021), M1 Chip Model.

I have attached the video.

I did extensive testing before i replied just to be sure i have all the information right. And i came to the conclusion that this always happen when i use undo button. As you can see in the video, the lines get distorted as soon as i press undo. When the lines become thicker, its important to note that i am not drawing at angle. I am drawing with same pressure, settings and angle all the time. This is huge problem from me and if it is not fixed soon i might be forced to look for the new app. It completly doesn't work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines