• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco Suddenly Extremely Slow

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iPad Pro. 5G wifi. No issues with any other apps. Been using Fresco all day and suddenly became unusably slow around midnight. Turned iPad off and on. Uninstalled Fresco and reinstalled. No improvement.

Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Fresco forum from Community Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update. Still atrocious today. App actually working fine on new documents. I wonder if it starts bugging out with large numbers of layers. I've merged down a whole bunch but it hasn't really improved things. Pretty annoying as it was fine until a sudden massive slowdown and I'm now working with far fewer layers than when it was working perfectly. Any help appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adam. 

I'm sorry. I thought I responded to your first post.  It does sound like drawing complexity (especially if you're not experiencing a lag in newly-created drawings). A couple of quick questions:

* Which drawing tools are you using (Pixel, Live, Vector)? 

* What size/resolution is your canvas? 

* How many layers did you have before merge? How many do you have now?

* Are you only experiencing lag when you fill or is the app also stalling when you zoom/pan or do other transitions?

Let me know. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem and it's making the app essentially unusable. Any help would be so, so, SO appreciated!!

• Image size: 2100 x 2100px
  • The image I'm working on only has 3 layers—2 vector and 1 photo.
    • There were 5 layers but 2 of the vectors have merged down. 
  • There is, at minimum, a minute-long pause when I either zoom in or try to use the fill tool. When I attempt to use the fill tool, I get a message that just says "Filling" with an option to cancel—clicking "cancel" does not change the pause time, the popup just hangs out regardless. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue, sorry for slow reply, I abandoned that piece as it was unusable. This is still adamlatl but from a different log in...

I kind of figured out the issues - it's when one layer of the drawing contains a lot of into, it starts crashing if you try and use it. I wonder if there's an update that can fix?  The drawing really didn't seem to complex at all - it was just the hair of a person and using lots of different colours with the vector brush. Standard size, iPad pro canvas (I think 2400 pixels across or something like that - had 12 layers but number of layers I realised didn't matter. It was just the presence of one "complicated" layer that created the lags. Zooming and panning was also slow.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adam/Jes.

First, I just want to mention that the team is working on the serious lag that people are experiencing when vector art becomes even in the least bit complex.

In the meantime, a couple of things that it might be helpful to know with regard to vector art:

* Short strokes (exactly like those that might be used for hair) can create extremely complex vector layers.

* Unlike pixel/raster strokes that are simplified when merged, merging layers with vector art actually complicates them. It's best to merge layers as you're finishing with a piece.

* As you've figured out Adam, filling only considers the current layer, so if you limit the complexity of each layer that will usually make a difference.

* There's not a lot that can be done about this usually but excessive undos and redrawing can make a visually-simple layer very complicated (this may be what happened to your art Adam).

I hope that hekps a bit. Just know the team is working on this. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes very helpful - thanks Sue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there - it's been 2 years since the last post here, but I'm having the same issues that @adamlatl was having. I thought Adobe would have fixed this issue by now. There see to be some triggers however, as @garibaldi mentioned, the more I merge vector layers the slower it gets and then eventually crashes. This seems unreasonable for software that is intended for professional designers with more complex illustrations.

The other issue is when I use the select tool to move an object and then the erase tool. The program crashes. I do quite complex vector drawings and never had this issue with Adobe Draw. Can you tell me if there is a fix coming?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perhaps helpfull? When drawing and filling, I always end with an extra fill. I believe that this simplifies vectors and prevents serious delays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines