• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco suddenly very slow

Explorer ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was part way through drawing using vector pen and suddenly it is super slow.
The lag is crazy. I have to lay down one stroke and wait a second for it to appear before laying another.

It's a portrait of a long haired cat so you can imagine how freaking long this is taking. 
I also noticed the 'fill' function is taking longer and longer, now to the point that I just don't use it and spend the painstaking time drawing it in because it's quicker (thought I'd give fill another go on a small patch and it's been at least 30 minutes) 

I thought maybe the dimensions were too big (a3) and considering it's vector I changed it to a4 and no change. 
I'm not sure what year my iPad is but it's a pro 9.7" running whatever the current update is. Bought my Apple Pencil at the same time so not sure that year either 

I'm also not running any other programs and only have the reference image so 2 layers all up. (not a huge file, at a4 it's a little pixelated, just use it for the shape etc) 

ive even deleted a bunch of useless stuff in case is was a memory thing 

not sure what else to do and haven't found much help via google 

ive attached a quick vid of the lag. If I don't wait long enough it thinks that the seperate strokes are one and I get a squiggle instead of seperate lines. 

TOPICS
Performance , Vector Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Ok. So found a slight workaround! 
it seems it lags when the LAYER is stroke-heavy. 
if I make a new layer. Do a patch. Then merge down it's MUCH improved.

Still a little slow at times and does the dot instead of stroke thing. 

but it's something at least! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

I found your answer after having similar serious slowness, but it did not help. My issue was completely solved by lowering "smoothing" ("Vloeiend" in my Dutch version). I still don't understand how "smoothing" increased.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe needs to give us offline work flow. ATM we're harnessed to our Internet connection. I switched to Fresco from ProCreate for vector. But having to work online/always kills the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fresco seems to work just fine offline for me. In airplane mode, I can use it just fine, and it syncs again once I have a connection.

Obviously, in offline mode, you couldn't open a document from the cloud, but there is nothing preventing you from offline work with existing documents and new ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've actually stopped using Fresco altogether, moved on to the ipad and procreate. it suits my needs alot better.

Get Outlook for Android

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found your answer after having similar serious slowness, but it did not help. My issue was completely solved by lowering "smoothing" ("Vloeiend" in my Dutch version). I still don't understand how "smoothing" increased.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeesss! That was the problem! You saved my life. 😅

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are quite welcome, Telse5DE7.

Regards, Ruud van den Berg (vector art nickname Domstad Rudie)

May I invite you to have a look at my (Adobe Portfolio) website www.domstad-rudie.nl?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you seen my suggestion: lower smoothness. At 20% my slowness is gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines