• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco suddenly very slow

Explorer ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was part way through drawing using vector pen and suddenly it is super slow.
The lag is crazy. I have to lay down one stroke and wait a second for it to appear before laying another.

It's a portrait of a long haired cat so you can imagine how freaking long this is taking. 
I also noticed the 'fill' function is taking longer and longer, now to the point that I just don't use it and spend the painstaking time drawing it in because it's quicker (thought I'd give fill another go on a small patch and it's been at least 30 minutes) 

I thought maybe the dimensions were too big (a3) and considering it's vector I changed it to a4 and no change. 
I'm not sure what year my iPad is but it's a pro 9.7" running whatever the current update is. Bought my Apple Pencil at the same time so not sure that year either 

I'm also not running any other programs and only have the reference image so 2 layers all up. (not a huge file, at a4 it's a little pixelated, just use it for the shape etc) 

ive even deleted a bunch of useless stuff in case is was a memory thing 

not sure what else to do and haven't found much help via google 

ive attached a quick vid of the lag. If I don't wait long enough it thinks that the seperate strokes are one and I get a squiggle instead of seperate lines. 

TOPICS
Performance , Vector Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Ok. So found a slight workaround! 
it seems it lags when the LAYER is stroke-heavy. 
if I make a new layer. Do a patch. Then merge down it's MUCH improved.

Still a little slow at times and does the dot instead of stroke thing. 

but it's something at least! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

I found your answer after having similar serious slowness, but it did not help. My issue was completely solved by lowering "smoothing" ("Vloeiend" in my Dutch version). I still don't understand how "smoothing" increased.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that video does show a bad lag. I'm not experiencing that on my system, but it feels like it could be associated with space on your system. I'd also consider the internet connection, if you're working online and you have a poor connection this may have a lagging effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The internet here is fine, and I'm usually the only one online at the time. 

I'll try deleting more stuff to make space. The first part worked fine and then just got worse and worse. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted more stuff it's got at least 10gb free. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing the same issues. Deleted so much stuff. Still facing the lag. So infuriating. I'm on a very tight deadline here. 😞

Please let me know if you figure out a fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I deleted a LOT of files from fresco and that barely sped it up..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preet. 

Sorry you're experiencing such serious lag. This type of lag is rarely related to storage space (either on the device or in Creative Cloud)  but I  have a couple of quick questions:

Is this happening in every drawing? Or is it just one?

Are you using the vector drawing tools?

Are you using the most recent version of  Fresco (v2.0.4)?

Please let me know.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this a lot too, it takes minutes to select a single color. I don't run anything else other than fresco and it's not layer heavy at all. This happens with most of my drawing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem i think guess maybe iPadOS 14 because i update 14 and fresco be slow its too bad i hope some fix for the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yakup

I'm reposting what I posted above to make sure you see it: 

Sorry you're experiencing such serious lag. This type of lag is rarely related to storage space (either on the device or in Creative Cloud)  but I  have a couple of quick questions:

Please let me know.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i have a enough free space (64/50 go free) and I use watercolor brush and too much lag, but all brush's have a lag little bit, yes I use new version. I hope fixing really soon, good works 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yakup.

On which iPad are you using Fresco? And what size are your canvases? 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, İPad Pro 10.5 and 2224x1666 pixel but i use same canvas size all the time issue started with update 14.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yakup. 

Sorry for not responding sooner. I've not been able to reproduce this on my first-gen iPad Pro but you should definitely not be experiencing lag with all of your brushes on this size canvas. 

Since you mentioned that the problem began with iOS 14.1, have you updated to iOS 14.2 to see if it resolves?

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, no problem, im updated tomorrow but lag still continue, I don't know what's the reasons, still waiting the yours help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every job I do I get a real terrible slowdown and I even get a connection line from one spot to another while I'm waiting for it to produce a single line. I have lots of space I'm using vector brush and I'm updated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having the same problem. I'm drawing with vector tools and trying to fill, something I've done quickly for every day in 2021, but it suddenly is going incredibly slow. To answer Sue's questions: 

- Just this one

- Yes, vector, then fill. If I prefer vector, but I even tried converting to a pixel layer, and it left that thin gap between stroke and fill that others have complained about.

- Using Fresco 2.1.0 on a iPad Pro 12.9 in 2nd generation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI also restarted iPad and Fresco. File is 11 x 14 in at 300 dpi. Not happening on other files of that size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there anything you're doing differently with this file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Same techniques. I’ve done a drawing a day in Fresco this year (so this drawing is #12 for January 12). Let me keep working to see if it comes up again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jodie. 

A few things:

* There are a number of things that make vector drawings complex: drawing a lot of short meticulous strokes with a hard starting/stopping point, excessive fills, extensive erasing/redrawing, multiple layer merging.

* If you're doing more of those things in one drawing than in another, that drawing will be more complex even though it "looks" the same. Try creating a new layer and continue  drawing there to see if it affects the lag you're experiencing.

*  The  engineers are working on solutions (they will be rolled out in a number of updates) to eliminate these vector complexities but in the meantime we've added an experimental option to simplify these types of documents. 

Similar to the Simplify command in Illustrator it's designed for use on vector documents that are exhibiting performance problems. It shouldn't have any visible effect on vector artwork (and will have no effect on pixel or image layers); to use it, open the document to simplify, tap the gear icon in the upper nav, then App Settings > Experimental > Simplify.

Let me know if any of this helps. 

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just jumping back in here as I stopped getting notifications and didn't realise there were more replies. 
I'm  doing another vector brush portrait. 

and having the same problems. 
never rectified with the earlier portrait. Just painstakingly long. 

this image is 1410x2000 px

using iPad Pro 9'7" 

both iPad and fresco are whatever the latest update is. 
I'll get sporadic moments where I'll get a good dozen strokes in before it seizes up again. I also have to watch out for random dots that appear after a lag. 

I tried the simplify option but it looked awful 

I've got the 2020 12'9" on its way so fingers crossed the upgrade in tech will help 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just ordered Huion so really hope this helps also. I don't think it will as its probably the program itself jamming itself up. grr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. So found a slight workaround! 
it seems it lags when the LAYER is stroke-heavy. 
if I make a new layer. Do a patch. Then merge down it's MUCH improved.

Still a little slow at times and does the dot instead of stroke thing. 

but it's something at least! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think, if you have to try Make Offline Option, every thing will be perfect.
I had this problem with PC version and with offline option it solved.
sorry for my bad English.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines