• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco to Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I'm missing something incredibly obvious, but I can't see how to edit in Illustrator on my desktop a document created in Fresco on my iPad.

I can see the file in Cloud Documents online but can't see a way to download the file or send it to Illustrator as I could with Adobe Draw. Any help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Cross-product , Publish & export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019
Hi richfarr, as of now that's the only way but we're improvising on that workflow. Please see the help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/fresco/using/fresco-and-illustrator.html for more details. Stay tuned for more updates!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Top right, click Publish & Export. Export as PDF and airdrop it to yourself. OR you can export the PDF to Google drive, Dropbox, or email. PDF opens in illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

I saw the export to PDF option (as well as the export to PSD option) but the problem with that method is that you lose all your layers when doing it that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi richfarr, as of now that's the only way but we're improvising on that workflow. Please see the help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/fresco/using/fresco-and-illustrator.html for more details. Stay tuned for more updates!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any progress made on this issue yet ? I followed the link you suggested, but it just reiterates what you said here, to export a pdf. The issue is that when you do that, all the layers are gone as Kaylag stated, but also, it doesn't create paths that are editable in any real way.  You draw a line and it gets turned to outlines, so the only way to do anything with them in terms of cleaning them up or changing the stroke etc..  is to basically re draw the entire thing anyways?  So what's the point of it? I can just use another non vector drawing app, or draw it on paper for that matter and re trace it in illustrator anyways?? It's totally disappointing.  It's not useless, as you can get a vector from fresco but you have to practically do the whole thing in fresco.  It's not easy to work with the files it produces,it doesn't make any sense,  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I opened vector PDF I made in Fresco to illustrator.  First I frustrated about non of layers isolated and no path on image. However somehow I tried "release clipping mask" on the image, path appeared !!!!! 

If not, try 'release compound path' or whatever release it... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed! This is such a terrible oversight. Yes PDF works but not in the same way that Illustrator creates vector shapes. Fresco should have a seamless export to Illustrator option. Please make this update! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines