• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco v3.5 & v3.6 Both Crash on "Loading Document" at Start Up.

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Title Says. 

I was running the older 3.4.2 version of Fresco fine, accidentally updated to 3.6 which now has the above problem.

I have tried using an older version, v3.5 but that also has the same problem, Crashing upon Startup at "Loading Document".

Having searched online for a fix extensively I can't seem to see any solutions and have exhausted all options when trying to get 3.5 or 3.6 to work. 

Reading other user problems/posts in this sub, it seems there is NOT a known fix for the above issue aside from using a previous version, BUT the previous version that worked is now no longer available. 

I'm sure that I'm not the only one that this has created massive problems for (especially as I was literally using this on Friday) as I am now no longer able to complete client work and incredibly frustrated that the working version is now no longer available. 

Looking for an actual fix/help/somewhere to get v3.4.2

Please note I have already tried all the generic standard troubleshooting steps. (Clean Install, Restarts, Open and Close, reset DNS, Wired internet connection, uninstall/reinstall CC..... etc)

My PC specs. 
windows10, Ryzen 5 3600, Radeon 5700 XT, 16gb ram, 100gb HDspace

TOPICS
Device , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check all the specs on the System Requirements page to start with.

If your system meets the system requirements send an email to the developers, if you can get to the App settings > Help > Report a bug link within the app that would be the best way to send an email. If not able to get even that far the email is (frescohelp at adobe dot com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply!

My system requirmenets are fine, and like I said, I ran the previous version with no problems (plus PSD and AI). I have emailed the address you provided as I couldnt report a bug! Again, thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There could have been a bug when you downloaded.  It happens sometimes.  Have you tried removing that version and redownloading? It usually fixes things for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried reinstalling multiple times but with no luck unfortunately, pprecaite the reply and advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same issue, cannot access any fil older than around 2 days ago

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started a thread last Sunday, after an initial email instructing to do the usual, relaunch, check drivers, submit log, it has all gone quiet. 

I'm beggining to wonder if those steps don't solve the issue then there is no further assistance. All the threads I've seen with the same issue seem to end inconclusively.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can only suggest the things we know, the obvious uninstall, reinstall often works. We've also been asked to direct people to the frescohelp email address if we can't help with a solution. There is one spec I haven't seen mentioned, do you know if you have Direct X 12.1  That .1 is apparently important.

AMD Graphics drivers also have additional checks on the System Requirements page.

Unless we can get an Adobe employee responding there's little else we can help with other than to try to guide you to check/confirm or try different things.
Sometimes the update to software can be above and beyond our system specs so that's one of the first things we look at., I think we've all been there and it is very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might just have your answer to this, as the exact same thing has happened to me and still does. After a while of trying everything you mentioned, sending logs, contacting support etc.. I eventually decided to try toggling on the "make available offline" option. Then turn device on airplane mode and open the document you made available offline. Voilà. Loads instantly. Then just turn off airplane mode and it's good to go. I've had to do it this way for the last few months now, it's the only way it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh shoot I just realized you're on windows 10. I'm using my iPhone but regardless I have tbe same exact issue. If there's a similar option to what I explained above perhaps it will work on windows 10 as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines