• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Performance] Data Loss - Migrate from Adobe Sketch to Adobe Fresco

Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2022 Dec 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From Adobe Sketch to Adobe Fresco now all my files are gone!!?? This is the same Apple count I had download Adobe Sketch with, so there is no multiple account issue where I made a mistake and logged into the wrong account. I didn't make this mistake. This is completely Adobe's mistake. It's clear I download adobe application with this Apple account, and when I have it deleted automatically because of adobe fresco coming out, my files are gone. I am a computer tech who helps many companies deal with stuff like this and this is really a waste of my time. Obviously, this is happened to many people because I didn't do anything other than get adobe fresco just like 1 million other people have done . I'm sure. support comes on and tells people they're logged into the wrong account that's not the issue here like I said I've been a computer tech more than half of my life. I did nothing wrong. You guys have a big problem and you keep saying that other people are causing it by not logging in correctly in this and that. Lol 

[Renamed by Mod]

TOPICS
Performance , Syncing & Storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Hi @Kevin276983301k0c,

We are sorry to hear about your experience and for the delayed response. I would like to inform you that Adobe Sketch & Fresco are Creative cloud-based apps.

Adobe Sketch has reached EOL, and all the files that got synced to Creative Cloud before its EOL will be recoverable from the assets website. If your file were synced to Creative Cloud, they could be imported into the Fresco app. If they weren't synced, then I am afraid those files cannot be recovered, as the Sketch

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2022 Dec 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from using the community >

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kevin276983301k0c,

We are sorry to hear about your experience and for the delayed response. I would like to inform you that Adobe Sketch & Fresco are Creative cloud-based apps.

Adobe Sketch has reached EOL, and all the files that got synced to Creative Cloud before its EOL will be recoverable from the assets website. If your file were synced to Creative Cloud, they could be imported into the Fresco app. If they weren't synced, then I am afraid those files cannot be recovered, as the Sketch app is no longer available for download & server are no longer operational for almost a year now.

There were some users who reached out to us who used multiple account & login options such as Google/ Adobe/ Apple & Facebook to store their work and recover them by logging into them. That is why the support team suggested it. Also, some people's projects didn't sync to the Creative Cloud because they used cellular data/hotspots instead of Wi-Fi. Some used proxy/ VPN or office Wi-Fi, which restricted the syncing process to Creative Cloud, leading to data loss after the app went EOL.

I checked your account (q..........w@privaterelay.appleid.com), and its Quota utilized is 0.023 GB/2 GB.

I hope this clarifies! Apologies again for the data loss.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to open my Adobe Sketch files in Fresco, I get an error message that says, file too big. 

I need these files for work. How can I open them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Liana32458400jqu9,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing more details like the exact version of the OS/Fresco installed, a screenshot of the error message, and a link to the file you're having trouble with (https://adobe.ly/3UhuNuT) so we can look into this further?

Note: Kindly enable the option to make the link Public and allow downloads for us to check the file on our end.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fresco 5.2.0

I think I figured out why. The file is a photoshop file. I had to take my designs created in Sketch into photoshop to size them to 35" or 52".

So then the question is, where is the original file I created in Sketch? All of the files I see in creative cloud or in the Fresco screen are only photoshop files. I have logged into fresco using all email addresses to find my Sketch files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screen shot of a file I originally created in sketch in August 2023. All I see is the version I took into photoshop for resizing only. I love designing and working in sketch because it is so fluid and easy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2024 Feb 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Liana32458400jqu9 @Liana35203069ce3u,

Thank you for providing additional details. Due to the large dimensions, some Sketch files don't open in Adobe Fresco.

Please share the Sketch file with us so we can forward it to the product team to help check if we can force convert it to a Fresco document:

1. Visit the Adobe Creative Cloud Assets website: Adobe Creative Cloud Assets.
  2. Login using the Adobe ID associated with your Sketch files.
  3. Navigate to the folder or location where you initially saved the Sketch files.

Ensure that the "Allow save to Creative Cloud" option is toggled on.

If you encounter any difficulties or have further questions, please let me know, and I'll be happy to assist you further.

Looking forward to the file.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines