Exit

Having trouble creating picture borders with tight corners

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

my goal is to create a solid frame around an image

i use the draw a square tool and draw around its edges, but the corners are rounded?

I try using the fill option on the square tool and centering the image over it- but I swear it's like the image or the frame is rotated like 0.25 degrees when I zoom in very closely. 

what would hopefully solve this problem is this- is there a way of creating perfectly square frames/ borders that go to the edge of the canvas?

is there a way to center an image automatically, not manually over said frame?

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Tim34717983brzi,

I understand the issue you're facing with creating square frames around images. To address the problem and help you achieve the desired result, here are some steps you can follow:

• Try using the "Rectangle Tool" to create a precise square frame. Click and drag with this tool to create a perfectly rectangular shape.

• After drawing the rectangle, ensure that the corners are not set to be rounded. You can check and adjust this setting in the transform panel.

Anshul_Saini_1-1705501527488.pngexpand image
  • Once you have the rectangle, you can use the alignment tools to center it on the canvas. Select both the image and the rectangle, and then use the alignment options to center them both horizontally and vertically.

• If you suspect a slight rotation, you can use the "Rotate" tool to correct any potential rotation. Select the rectangle and image together, then use the rotate tool to ensure they are perfectly aligned.

• When drawing or aligning objects, you can enable "Snap to Pixel" to ensure precise placement without sub-pixel variations.

By following these steps, you should be able to create perfectly square frames around your images. If you encounter any specific issues or have further questions, please provide additional details, and I'd be happy to assist you further!

Best,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines