Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[How To] Mirror a vector layer in Fresco

Participant ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The title should say it all.

I just discovered and started using Adobe Fresco today. after a few hours it seems this will be my new favourite art program!
I am working on vectorizing work imported from Autodesk Sketchbook, drawn using "mirrors". To trace eveeything simply won't be precise enough.

Thanks.

Stein

[Renamed by Mod]

TOPICS
How-to , Layers , Tools , Vector Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Sorry, I was a bit too much in a hurry asking. After having worked with Fresco for a few more hours, I sorted out the problem myself.

You select the layer you want to duplicate+mirror, then mask the content, duplicate the same content and click on the mirroring arrow symbols in the top right corner of the screen. Drag the mirrored copy to its correct position.

Terminate the process by clicking the Finish button on the same place.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I was a bit too much in a hurry asking. After having worked with Fresco for a few more hours, I sorted out the problem myself.

You select the layer you want to duplicate+mirror, then mask the content, duplicate the same content and click on the mirroring arrow symbols in the top right corner of the screen. Drag the mirrored copy to its correct position.

Terminate the process by clicking the Finish button on the same place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This answer does not make much sense. Can you please clarify a bit more how you figured this out?

I have no idea what Adobe is thinking leaving an easy mirroring function out, it's a deal breaker for many projects being done in Fresco.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone post pictures of where to find the mirror button and mask button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mirroring can be performed through copying a layer and pasting its contents onto a separate layer the icons on the upper right corner allow the content to be flipped either horizontally or vertically producing a mirror image the items can be also rotated using the nodes to achieve a custom rotation. See the photo of the example below.

B383760F-947A-4FC3-AF27-E6332CBDF637.jpegC5AB6E3C-E821-4441-8758-EF828D13A011.jpegAAC4DADE-1DD5-4AFD-9EA4-B9093388F8F6.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines