• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[How To] Draw a straight line in Adobe Fresco?

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you draw a straight line in Adobe Fresco? 

[Renamed by Mod]

TOPICS
How-to , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Go to your app settings>experimental and turn on the option to draw straight lines. Then pause shortly at the end of a stroke and it will straighten and allow you to pull out a straight line from there.

4ACE26EC-4971-4306-ABAB-9553B5FB34EB.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. As Sue mentioned above, you need to enable Snapline from App settings > Input > Touch. Once you enable it, you need to draw a straight line with your finger as precisely you can and then hold it at the end for a few seconds. Later, it will convert into a straight line. I hope it helps!

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Hi @Anna22179052fjsc,

Thanks for reaching out. I would suggest you check out a couple of YouTube tutorials on how to draw a straight line with Apple Pencil.

(https://youtu.be/cjHWSK8WRpk?t=232)

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyTazxNTu2A)

I hope it helps!

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to your app settings>experimental and turn on the option to draw straight lines. Then pause shortly at the end of a stroke and it will straighten and allow you to pull out a straight line from there.

4ACE26EC-4971-4306-ABAB-9553B5FB34EB.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Theresa is right on the money.  Its still in an experimental stage though, so it has its..."quirks"  but its going to become more developed and they've already said more tools like that are going to be coming for Fresco. As to when,  I have no clue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I dont have the option in ' experimental ' to turn on the ' hold for straight line ' 

Do anyone know why I do not have this option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chelsea. 

This is an old post and that feature is no longer experimental. You can switch on Snapline in App Settings > Input > Touch. 

Hope that helps. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for your speedy reply!! 
I have been on live chat for the last hour or so to keep being told about how to use the ruler (different to snapline). 

Perhaps more of the staff need to also be updated on this feature.

Thanks again Sue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chelsea. 

I'm sorry. Unfortunately it's really difficult for everyone to have the same level of expertise with all of Adobe's apps. As an example, I could never reliably respond to a query about InDesign :). 

But with regard to Fresco, you can usually find someone here who's well-versed with the app. And, you can always reach the product team through Fresco's in-app Report A Bug link (it's in App settings > Help > Support > Report a bug).

I'm glad you have access to the feature you were looking for. 

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, even though i have the snapline turned on in setting it still wont create a straight line. It used to do it in the beginning when i started using Fresco but now it wont work.. Am i doing something wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pour moi, sur iPad, ça fonctione normalement. FRESCO 2.4.0

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Try to tilt your Apple Pencil tip at the end of your stroke. 
I had the same problem and by doing this it's solved. 
Good day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

help i have the same problem, tilting the pencil didn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Anna22179052fjsc,

Thanks for reaching out. I would suggest you check out a couple of YouTube tutorials on how to draw a straight line with Apple Pencil.

(https://youtu.be/cjHWSK8WRpk?t=232)

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyTazxNTu2A)

I hope it helps!

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ^_^ ,

Please is there any way to draw a straight line on IPhone?

I have Iphone 12 Pro Max without a pen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. As Sue mentioned above, you need to enable Snapline from App settings > Input > Touch. Once you enable it, you need to draw a straight line with your finger as precisely you can and then hold it at the end for a few seconds. Later, it will convert into a straight line. I hope it helps!

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines