• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to convert line art from fresco to illustrator?

Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble with a work flow of drawing in fresco and then converting it to line work for clean up in illustrotr for desktop. I draw the lines there are no pixels just vector linework but and I want to clean it up and retain line weights...when bringing into illustrator it doesn't retain the lines at all. The lines themselves become objects which means I now have to readraw in illisutrrotr wihch kinda defeats the purpose of the fresco in the first place? 

TOPICS
Cross-product

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

It's important to understand that the vector brushes in Fresco produce the same kind of vector objects as Illustrator's "blob brush." This means that you are not creating a line with a variable width stroke, rather you are breathing a closed path with a solid fill and no stroke. When you examine these objects in Illustrator, you can see the paths, and edit them as you would any path. But they are not stroked lines.

If you want to create line based artwork (optionally with variable width stroke

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's important to understand that the vector brushes in Fresco produce the same kind of vector objects as Illustrator's "blob brush." This means that you are not creating a line with a variable width stroke, rather you are breathing a closed path with a solid fill and no stroke. When you examine these objects in Illustrator, you can see the paths, and edit them as you would any path. But they are not stroked lines.

If you want to create line based artwork (optionally with variable width strokes), you'll need to start in Illustrator using the pen tool or the pencil tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
the  vector brushes in fresco are vector in look only as micheal said as blob brush in illustator, you cannot change its width after drawing.

usually i use to edit the fresco artwork by photoshop, not by illustator.

i can say that fresco is bitmap based not vetor as per my experience on it. i have done so many stories drawing on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines