• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[How To] Fresco creates new layer automatically when putting down pen

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on an oil painting in fresco and want to paint within the same layer, however, something happened and now, whenever i try to paint - as soon as my pen touches the surface - a new layer is created for what I'm painting - which i DON'T want as that makes it impossible to blend the new paint with the paint on the layer I actually want to paint on. How can I solve this?

[Renamed by Mod]

TOPICS
Color , How-to , Layers , Live brushes , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Fresco will separate Vector Brush layers from Pixel and Live Brush layers.

If you're not switching from Oil to Vector though this should definitely not be happening unless you've grouped your layers. In which case unless you're inside the group then Fresco does add a new layer.

Which device are you using? Was there an update recently? Do you recall editing any settings between when it worked as expected and when it started to add layers on its own?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fresco will separate Vector Brush layers from Pixel and Live Brush layers.

If you're not switching from Oil to Vector though this should definitely not be happening unless you've grouped your layers. In which case unless you're inside the group then Fresco does add a new layer.

Which device are you using? Was there an update recently? Do you recall editing any settings between when it worked as expected and when it started to add layers on its own?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sjaani,

Thank you so much for your kind reply and I apologize for the late answer! Your first sentence solved the problem for me, I had accidentally gone from pixel to vector!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines