• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Performance] Fresco on Windows - You must update your system to install Fresco

Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer IS definitely up to date, but I keep getting this error. How do I get around it? The full error is: "you must update your system to install fresco. Please check the following: Windows 10 Version 1903 (May 2019 update)". I'd love to be able to try this program!

[Renamed by Mod]

TOPICS
Device , How-to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If no one knows the answer, is there another way to get help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's so weird.  What kind of computer are you using? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's just a Dell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Laura27760786058i,

Thanks for reaching out. The Windows 10 version 1903 was released on May 21, 2019, and it had built no. 10.0.18362.116. Microsoft released the last update for Windows 10 version 1903 with build no. 10.0.18362.1256 on Dec 8, 2020.

The latest version of Windows 10 is Version 22H2 with build no. 10.0.19045.2364 released on Dec 13, 2022.

I would recommend updating the Windows manually: select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.

Let us know how it goes after updating the Windows.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer says it's up to date. Trust me, it is!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Laura27760786058i,

Thanks for getting back to us. I trust you on that. But as I mentioned above that your system has an older version of Windows 10, not the latest one. Would you mind manually clicking on "check for updates" under Windows updates? Sometimes Windows won't automatically get updated, and it is required to initiate the update process manually.

If you are still unable to update, I would suggest contacting Micorost support for further assistance.

Thanks,
Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, when I click "check for updates," it says "You're up to date". The system is up to date, therefore I have no intention of making any changes to it. I'm simply trying to use this program. No other programs that I'm using are giving me this error, including the Adobe programs I already have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the trouble. It looks like we need to troubleshoot this in a live session. Please head here (https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html) and select the chat button in the lower-right corner of the page. The team here would be able to perform remote troubleshooting and assist you accordingly.

Thanks,

Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not feel comfortable with that. I would rather you just send me the instructions. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand @Laura27760786058i, but I am afraid I already shared the steps to update the windows. You may reach out to Dell or Microsoft support on how to update your device, as Version 1903 is not the latest version of Windows 10, as the latest version of Windows 10 is Version 22H2. You need to consult them about why your device is not getting the latest windows update.

However, you may uninstall the Creative Cloud apps using the CC Cleaner tool and reinstall Creative Cloud & Fresco to see if it works.

I hope it helps!

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, my computer is up to date, and I have no intention of changing windows. No other program on my computer has given me this error, and the system says it's up to date.

Does anyone have advice on how to access this program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Laura27760786058i,

I am not implying you change the windows. To install the current version of Fresco minimum requirement are to have a Windows 10 version 1903 with build no. 10.0.18362.1256, which was released on Dec 8, 2020, and the version of the Windows 10 installed on your device is version 1903 with build no.10.0.18362.116 which was released on May 21, 2019, and Fresco for Windows was released in November 2019. Hence you are getting the error.

There are no other steps or solutions to resolve the issue. The only way is to update the Windows 10 version to the latest, but it seems your device is not compatible with the latest windows update; hence you are not getting the update option in the Windows update section.

However, I will insist you check with Dell, Microsoft, or our technical support team here https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen.

Also, if there is someone in your office IT department or at home who is from an IT background, they can help you get your windows updated even though your system isn't showing updates.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines