• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to smudge vector layer in fresco

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could only smudge pixel layers in fresco, however I would like to smudge in the vector layer. Is there a way for me to do that?

TOPICS
How-to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

Not directly, as it would void the aim of vector, in the same way you can't smudge in - say - illustrator (you can apply mathematical effects that can simulate smudge, but they're not the same, not blurry)
You'll need to duplicate and convert that layer to pixel to be able to smudge, but also liquify (distort can be done on a vector layer). In Fresco, vector shapes are meant to be sharp objects.
Nothing can stop you to duplicate and convert a particular layer and smudge the pixel layer on top of

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not directly, as it would void the aim of vector, in the same way you can't smudge in - say - illustrator (you can apply mathematical effects that can simulate smudge, but they're not the same, not blurry)
You'll need to duplicate and convert that layer to pixel to be able to smudge, but also liquify (distort can be done on a vector layer). In Fresco, vector shapes are meant to be sharp objects.
Nothing can stop you to duplicate and convert a particular layer and smudge the pixel layer on top of the vector layer if you want to smudge only parts of that design...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, thanks for the tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines